Chapter Twenty Nine

Jun was quietly meditating in the basement of his house. Several random objects like chairs, trashcans and old appliances here scattered around him. Zerra enters the room and stops behind him while looking at the objects that had gathered there.

Zerra: Hey, Jun. You doing alright by yourself?
Jun: Yeah. Nothing for you to worry about. I've been consuming as much mana as I can. The next fight might be our last. I just want to prepare myself.
Zerra: Supplying yourself with mana is fine and all but don't overdo it. There's a limit of how much your body can take. I don't want the same thing that happened on the beach happening again.
Jun: I know, I know. I promise I'll be careful.

Jun takes an broken toaster and holds it with both hands. It breaks down and turns into blue mana particles that now swirls around his bands before it gets absorb into Jun. His Servant looks on in amazement.

Zerra: They always look beautiful whenever they turn into mana. It's mesmerizing to watch no matter how many times I see it.
Jun: Anyway, any news about Nia's whereabouts?
Zerra: Nothing as of now. Erica is standing by in case HQ finds the location of where the Grail might appear.
Jun: By the way, did you felt that earthquake a few hours earlier?
Zerra: Earthquake? Yes, I did. Do you think it has something to do with the Grail?
Jun: I believe so.

Erica comes in the basement and unexpectedly joins the conversation. She had two mugs of coffee in her hands.

Erica: It's not just the earthquake. The force summoning of the Grail is affecting the entire city.

She gives each mug to Zerra and Jun. She then sits on a nearby chair while she looks through her cellphone.

Zerra: Thank you. (drinks coffee)
Jun: Erica, what do you mean by that? (looks at Erica)
Erica: We've been getting reports of strange things happening. Just this morning, dead fishes has been floating in the ocean. Pets like cats and dogs have been barking nonstop and it has eerily been cloudy since this morning.
Jun: Animals are always sensitive to things like upcoming disasters. This is a sign that things are only going to get worst.
Zerra: If we only knew where that Valerie is, we could go there immediately and stop her from summoning the Grail.
Erica: The guys back in HQ are doing their best. Don't worry, they'll contact me as soon as they know the location.
Zerra: Neo's Servant mentioned that she chased them to the city. Don't you think they're somewhere there?
Erica: No, they're not. HQ Agents searched every inch of the city but they didn't find them. Valerie must have moved to a new location so they she wouldn't be caught easily.

Jun stares at his coffee before drinking it in one go. He then turns the mug into blue mana particles, much to Erica's surprise.

Erica: H-Hey, wait a minute! Those mugs were kinda expensive you know!
Jun: Eh? Really? Sorry, I did it instinctively. (looks at Erica)
Erica: Sigh. Whatever. You've already turned it into mana.

As Jun was about to absorb it, the mana particles swirling around his hand seems to be getting pulled in a specific direction. This caught the attention of Jun and Zerra, who has been closely watching her Master.

Jun: Now that's weird. (looks at mana particles)
Zerra: Really, really weird.
Erica: What are you two talking about?

Erica gets up from her seat to and sees what the two were talking about.

Erica: Oh, wow. That's something you don't see everyday.
Zerra: What's happening?
Jun: I have...no idea.

Before they could think of anything, the mana particles gets absorb into Jun's hand.

Erica: Ummm, what just happened?

Jun takes a nearby alarm clock and turns it into mana. Again, just before it could get fully absorbed, some mana particles begin to stray and was being pulled to the same direction. After several seconds, Jun's body absorbs it. The three of them starts thinking but Zerra was the first to say what her thoughts was.