Chapter Twenty Seven

While waiting for his Servant to finish her battle, Neo gets an unexpected guest in the form of a human-shaped shadow. But instead of being surprised, Neo had the expression like he waited for something like this to happen. He summoned two glowing blue swords in both hands and faces his enemy.

Neo: G-O-T-C-H-A...

Neo suddenly launch himself towards the shadow with great speed, which catch the shadow off guard.

Shadow: W-What...?!

Neo swings both swords horizontally and slashes his target with it. Despite getting a clean hit, the shadow quickly slithers away, distancing itself from it's attacker. However, it's shadow-like appearance slowly disappears and it finally reveals it's true identify. It was Valerie's Servant, Victor. The Servant himself was surprised when he realize that his identify was uncovered.

Neo: I knew it had to be you

Slightly impressed by Neo's actions, Victor regains his composure and tries to act normal.

Victor. Impressive, if I do say so myself. I had no idea how you disabled by cloaking ability but now that you've seen my face, it'll be pointless using it again.
Neo: I didn't get a good look at you the first time we clashed. It pissed me off a bit so I took the time to develop my magic in order to counter yours. Is your coward of a Master around?
Victor: Fortunately for you, she isn't. But allow me to introduce myself in her behalf. My name...is Victor. Valerie Calvet's Servant.
Neo: Do I look like I care?

Mana surges toward Neo's feet before running towards Victor. This time, however, his speed was twice as fast and had close the gap between him and Victor within seconds. Again, this caught the Servant by surprise.

Victor: W-What the--?!

Neo lashes out with several swift and fast slash attacks with his swords. For once, Victor was on the defensive and could only evade of block the attacks with his arms and hands. In the midst of the brawl, the two goes into conversation.

Neo: What's wrong? It looks like I have your back against the wall! What, can't handle the pressure?
Victor: Don't get too cocky, lowly human! If you want it so bad, then here! (eyes glow)

Victor finds an opening and goes on the offensive. Using his razor sharp nails and powerful kicks, he forces Neo to go defensive. As the battle continues, cracks begin to appear on Neo's swords, which he notice.

Neo: Damn it. They're breaking earlier than expected. (thinks to self)

Neo manage to land a strong kick to Victor's stomach, which cause him to several feet backwards. The Servant was about to strike back when he stops and notice that Neo was breathing heavily. The mana on his feet were also starting to fade away.

Victor: I see. You infused yourself with mana so that you could keep up with me. Those swords of yours must have been made with mana as well.
Neo: Yeah, so?
Victor: I can tell that you're not used to this. I can sense your mana slowly fading away.
Neo: That won't stop me from taking your head off! More importantly, return Nia to me!
Victor: Oh? And what if I say no?

Hearing this made Neo lose his temper once more. He was about to make a move but Victor disappears without a trace in a blink of an eye.

Neo: H-He's gone...!

Victor then reappears behind Neo but the young man predicted this. He turns around and swings his weapon at full force but to his shock, Victor blocks it with one hand. Moreover, he shatters them easily with one strong grip. Neo was in disbelief but he wasn't given the chance to react as Victor delivers one powerful punch to his guts. The Servant then grabs him by the neck and lifts him up. He was coughing out blood from the punch earlier.