Chapter Twelve

Jun and Zerra had safely arrived back at the house. Everyone was in the living room and were getting the rest they needed. Jun was sitting on a couch and next to him was Zerra, holding a cup of coffee for him.

Zerra: You feeling better now?
Jun: Y-Yeah. A little. It's weird that I suddenly felt really weak all of a sudden. I could barely walk.
Zerra: I was surprised when you suddenly fell on the way here. I thought something bad had happened to you.
Jun: Sorry to make you worry. I'm feeling fine now, really.
Zerra: If you say so. Here, drink this. It'll warm you us.
Jun: Thanks...(murmurs)

Jun takes the cup of coffee from Zerra and drinks it. She notice that his hands were trembling a little and was having a hard time holding the cup. While she was worrying for Jun's condition, Erica walks in the room. She had a couple of towels with her.

Erica: I brought some towels in case you guys need it.
Zerra: Thanks.(looks at Erica)
Jun: How's Maya doing?
Erica: She's peacefully sleeping in my room. Boy, was I surprised. When I opened the door, my heart almost skipped a beat after seeing your Knight. But when I saw that it was carrying Maya, I kinda understood the situation.
Jun: Sorry. There was a lot that was happening and all I could order it is to take Maya somewhere safe.
Zerra: How will we explain this to her?
Jun: Maya will probably believe anything I say. She trust me that much.
Erica: Then we'll leave that issue to you once she wakes up.
Jun: Right....(nods)

Erica place the towels on the couch next to Zerra. She then takes a chair and sits in front of the two. Jun notice that she had an opened envelope in her hands but doesn't say anything at the moment.

Erica: Anyway, how about you? Feeling better? (looks at Jun)
Jun: Well, aside from feeling strangely weak, I feel good.
Erica: Then we have something to talk about.
Jun: Yeah. Zerra mentioned something like that on the way here. What's this about a letter from my mom.
Erica: Sorry but me and Zerra read it first.
Jun: No, it's fine.
Erica: When you got here earlier, you blurted something about being able to summon a Knight even though you could barely summon all of your Pawns. And that thing about the chair disappearing.
Jun: Now that I think about it. I was like....it was dematerialized. And after it did, it felt like I was absorbing it into me.
Erica: Well, this letter will answer that. It will also tell you your family's history.

Erica hands the envelope to Jun but he was hesitating.

Zerra: Jun? What's wrong?
Jun: Sorry. I'm...afraid to know the truth.

Zerra takes her hand and place it over Jun's. She then shows him a warm smile.

Zerra: Don't worry. I'm here. Erica is here as well. You don't need to be afraid as long as we're here, alright?

Jun was kinda touched by his Servant's words. But thanks to that, he was able to grab hold of the envelope. He takes out the letter from it and starts reading. He immediately knew that it was from him mother because of the handwriting. He brace himself as he starts reading the letter.

Jun: " Jun, I'm sorry that me and your father weren't strong enough to protect you. Because of our mistake, you were dragged into this Holy Grail War. Our family had stopped practicing magic mainly because we didn't want any family members to go through that hellish tournament. Once again, I am sorry and hope for your forgiveness.

Since you're already involved, all I can do is give my support and hope that you'd come out victorious. And it doesn't matter if you aren't the winner as long as you remain alive. Now, I'm about to tell you the history of our family. It will certainly give you an advantage because the kind of magic our ancestors have been using is a powerful yet dangerous one. Jun...our family has been labeled as Mana Eaters."