Chapter 4

I looked at him confused. "You kill people?" I asked. He looked at me straight in the eyes. "Yes." He stated.

I nodded my head. Surprisingly that didn't bother me. He continued cleaning up and I just sat there silently.

----------

The next morning ...

I woke up in my bed. Was it just a dream? I looked down at my hands. They were clean. I looked at my clock and saw it was 8 am. I picked up my phone and turned on the screen. There was a message from Jessie and one from Jeff.

Jessie- Sorry, I had to stay over night at work. I should be back around lunch time. Love you.

I sighed. Of course, he had to stay overnight. I then opened Jeff's message.

Jeff- Morning Princess ;)

I blushed, did I read that right? I read it again. It was the same thing. Oh my god, he called me princess. I'm sure my face was bright red. 

My phone beeped and I looked. Another message from Jeff.

Jeff- Haha, just playing with ya. I bet your face got bright red, didn't it?

I scowled at my phone screen. "Jerk!" I shouted as I threw my phone across the room. I didn't hear it hit the floor, so I looked towards where I threw it.

"Don't take it out on your phone." Jeff chuckled. I gave him a sour look.

"No need to be hasty. I was just playing around." He laughed. 

"Yeah? Well, it wasn't funny." I spat angrily.

"Don't be so salty." He snickered. I glared at him.

"I'm sorry... Princess." He winked. I jumped out of bed.

"I'm tired of your games Jeff! Get out!" I yelled at him.

"Oh come on Kit, don't be like that," Jeff said, seeming serious now.

"I'm tired of people playing me! I should have known you were like everyone else! I should have known!" I cried.

"I'm sorry Kit, I really am. I just wanted to have some fun and joke around." He admitted shyly.

"It's not funny when you play with people's feelings. Just go." I growled.

He was going to say something but he stopped. He turned around and stomped out of my room. I heard the front door slam and I sighed.

Sure, I was mad at him, but I didn't mean to make him angry. Maybe I was overreacting? I suddenly regret everything. I picked up my phone and tried to call Jeff.

It rung multiple times, but no answer. I tried calling him two more times. The third time that I tried calling him, it went straight to voice mail. Great, he turned his phone off.

I sighed as I laid on my bed. Tears started falling from my eyes. I had a friend and I lost him. Great going Kit. It had been a week since I've self-harmed and now the feeling is coming back again. I tried to resist the urge but I couldn't...

2 hours later...

I was sitting in the bathroom, looking at all the blood I had spilled. The cuts just stopped bleeding 10 minutes ago, they were deep, but not deep enough. I cried and hugged my knees.

I hated myself so much. Why did I have to be such a bitch?

"Kit?" I heard Jessie's voice downstairs. I quickly cleaned up the blood and I hid the razor in its usual spot.

I patched up my arms and flushed the toilet. I wiped away my tears and left the bathroom.

"Hey, you're home." I smiled. He sighed. "Yeah, and I got bad news." He said.

I looked at him, waiting for him to tell me. He took a deep breath. "I have to go away for a few weeks. Another business trip." He broke the news to me.

"Oh. Okay." I replied. He was leaving me again. "Do you want to come with me?" He asked.

I thought about it. I could be with Jessie and not be alone, or I could stay and wait for Jeff to come back. If he does.

"I'll have to think a bit about it, okay?" I answered him honestly. He nodded.

"I understand," Jessie told me. "I better start packing, I have to leave early tomorrow." He sent a quick smile my way and headed upstairs. 

I sighed as I went into my room. I looked at my clock. 12:24pm. I decided to draw and listen to music for a bit. 

The next time I looked at the clock, It was almost 6. Holy shit. Almost 6 hours just went by. I looked at my phone. Still nothing from Jeff. I tried to message him and he still didn't reply. I attempted to call him and when it went straight to voicemail, I grabbed my sweater and put on my shoes.

"I'm going out for a bit," I called to Jessie. "Alright, don't be out too late and watch out for creeps." He replied.

"Yeah, yeah. I always do." I chuckled in response.

I briskly walked to the park where I met Jeff. It's just as empty as it was the last time I was here. I looked around, seeing no sign of Jeff. I heard a noise in the woods and decided to go into them. 

"Jeff?" I called. All I got as a reply was a movement in the bushes.

I was starting to get a bit nervous. I thought back to earlier. 

'No need to be hasty. I was just playing around.' I heard Jeff's voice in my head.

I then realized what he was doing. He was playing games. I rolled my eyes and sauntered into the woods.

"Real funny Jeff, you know, you got me last time with your jokes but you aren't fooling me now," I spoke into the open wood area.

No answer. "You know, it really isn't funny anymore," I said, starting to get high-strung. 

What if it wasn't actually Jeff? No. That's what he wants you to think Kit. 

"Fine. I'll go home then. I just wanted to apologize." I stated. Still, nothing but the sound of bushes moving.

I was about to turn around, but I stopped dead in my tracks. I stared right into the red glowing eyes. The trees were dense and it was getting late so it was dark in the woods.

I stumbled backward, tripping over a tree root. I fell on my butt. Fear rose in me and I screamed. Before a sound could escape my lips, I had been knocked out cold.