Chapter 10

There was a knock at my door. I just groaned in pain. There was another knock. I weakly got up and stumbled to my door. I opened it, revealing Jeff.

"What... do... you want?" I wheezed out. I lost all my energy and collapsed into his arms.

---------

I was so weak I couldn't stand. Jeff had picked me up and brought me to my bed. He gently laid me down and felt my forehead.

"Slendy!" Jeff went to my door and called Slender man. I coughed until my throat felt raw. I was burning hot right now.

"Yes, child? " Slender man asked Jeff. "It's Kit, she's sick." He pointed out. Slender man put a tentacle on my head.

"Yes, yes. It seems so." He stated. "I'll get some medicine." He voiced before exiting the room.

"Jeff..." I whimpered. He came over to me and rested his hand on my forehead. It felt cool against my burning flesh. I was whimpering and trembling. He looked so helpless.

"What can I do to help?" He asked. "Stay." Was all I could manage to get out. It hurt to breathe. He moved my shirt up a little and rested his hand on my bare stomach. It felt nice but then I felt awkward. 

I ignored the feeling and waited for Slender man. I sneezed and started shivering. Jeff's hands now felt warm against my skin. It was so weird but then again, I was sick. I was probably hallucinating. I groaned in pain as Slender man opened the door.

"I don't know how much her body can handle of this. I'll have to give her a little bit at a time but the intensity of this fever might just burn out the medicine." He explained.

"Please..." I begged. I felt like I was on fire now. He made me drink a red liquid. I chugged the whole vial. So far, nothing had happened, then again, I just took the medicine.

"Stay with her for a bit Jeff. She will need someone to keep an eye on her." Slender told him. He nodded once as he took a deep breath in.

Slender left and Jeff stayed. If that girl found out about this... "You shouldn't... be here." I breathed. It was a struggle to talk but I could manage. I coughed a little.

"Why not? I don't get sick easily so I'm fine." He shrugged his shoulders. "Not just that," I said.

"Then what?" He asked. "It's your girlfriend. And the fact that you don't want to be around me." I told him slowly, trying not to cough. 

"Girlfriend? You mean Jane?" Jeff questioned with the most confused look on his face.

"Yeah. She pushed me into the lake, tried to drown me and told me to stay away from you because you were her boyfriend." I admitted.

Jeff shook his head. He laughed in a pissed off way. "I'm going to fucking kill her. She can screw around with me, but when she starts going after you, hell no. Her life is going to end now." He spat as he stood up.

I grabbed his arm. "Wait. Please don't leave me." I begged as tears started to come to my eyes. He looked saddened as he sat down. "I won't. Not right now anyway." He stated.

I couldn't help but question him about last night. "Did you mean what you said about not dating me if I was the last person alive?" I questioned with my head down.

"Kit, that's why I've been trying to talk to you about. I only said that because if I didn't for one, Jane would go after you and hurt you to hurt me, and two, because I didn't want anyone else hitting on you because they knew I liked you just to piss me off. I didn't want you to get hurt." He explained.

"But I guess I did that all on my own, huh?" He smiled slightly, but it was a sad smile. I pulled him closer to me and hugged him.

"I'm sorry," I whispered in his ear. He hugged me back. "You have nothing to be sorry for." He told me. "I overreacted," I stated. 

"You didn't overreact. You acted how most girls would act." Jeff told me. I shrugged my shoulders.

I coughed again. I was feeling awfully sleepy right now. I then yawned just as that thought came to my mind.

"Lay down and rest. You need it if you're going to get better." He said as he got up. "Will you come back?" I asked him.

He looked at me with a small smile. "I'll always come back." He said before he left the room.

I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

~~~Dream~~~

I was walking around by the lake. It was midnight and I was in a white dress. It was long and simple. Beautiful. 

"You will be mine, proxy. My lover will live once again." A deep voice rung throughout the walls in my mind.

I looked around, confused. "Who are you and what do you mean?" I asked. He laughed loudly.

"My darling, I will come for you when the time is right. Until then, wait for me." I felt a sharp pain on my cheek.

My hand flew up and I touched my cheek. There was a wet substance there. I looked at my hand and saw red. I was bleeding.

"Who are you?!" I screamed into the empty world. He laughed once again. I then saw a black and red figure in front of me. 

He didn't answer me as he just stood there and stared at me. I was about to ask him again when he was suddenly in front of me. He had changed forms. Now he was nothing more than a man with black hair and red eyes.

"Such beauty, just like her." He smiled as he gently picked up some of my hair and smelled it.

"Who. Are. You?" I ask with clenched teeth. He smiled.

"My name is Zalgo, sweetheart. And you are mine." He said before everything went dark.