Chapter 12

"What happened?" Jeff asked me as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

"My brother is dead," I state coldly as I shrug out of his hold and walk back to the mansion.

---------

I stayed in my room for days. I wouldn't eat, I wouldn't sleep. I wouldn't do anything. I just sat in my bed, staring at the blank wall. Slender had given me the furniture from my room at my old house. He just left it in the corner and told me to decorate how I want.

I had no motivation for anything. Jeff came in earlier and told me that everyone was training hard and they were getting better at fighting. He tried to get me out of this state of sorrow but I just couldn't.

I've hurt myself so much in the past 24 hours it a surprise that I haven't bled out yet. It was time to do it again, the mental pain and heart ache just not worth it. I pulled my blade out from my pocket and pulled up my sleeve. 

There was no room on my right arm anymore so I moved to my left. I slid the blade across multiple times, not even thinking. The cool silver pierced my skin and soon had turned it red.

There was a knock at my door but I ignored it. "It's me, Sally. Can I come in?" She asked.

Before I could answer, she had already opened the door. She stared at me in horror and ran out of my room, slamming the door shut. A few cuts later, Jeff had barged into the room. He ran over to me and grabbed the blade from my hand, slicing his finger open in the process.

He threw it across the room and held my hands in his. He stared at my arms and started to cry. Jeff the killer, was crying over my damaged arms.

"Why Kit? Why..." He whimpered as he got up and went to my bathroom. I heard the tap running from the tub.

Jeff came out with a cloth in his hand. He rested it on my arm and slowly worked his way to clean them up. It was disgusting to look at but I couldn't help but do it.

"Come on, you're taking a bath," Jeff told me as he picked up my small and frail body so carefully as if I was a piece of thin ice about to shatter in his hands.

He brought me to the bathroom and sat me on the edge of the tub. He cautiously took off my clothing, surprisingly he didn't stare at my body. He was more focused on washing me up. He gently lifted me into the luke warm water in the tub.

The blood washed off my arm and turned the water a light pink color.  I glanced at Jeff from the corner of my eye, he had dry tears on his face.

"Stop hurting yourself, princess. Your brother wouldn't want you to hurt like this. He would want you to move on and live your life happily. He would want you to protect yourself from Zalgo." Jeff explained.

I looked at him. "I miss him so much. I should have gone with him. But instead, I was selfish and decided to stay here to be with you." I told him, my voice cracking slightly. 

Jeff shook his head. "It's not your fault Kit. Don't blame yourself for this, okay? I'm here for you if you need to talk." He whispered painfully as he kissed my forehead.

"I want you to stop hurting yourself. For every time I see you hurting yourself, I will do the same. And I will be checking daily." He told me. 

"Don't hurt yourself because of me, Jeff," I ordered, staring him in the eyes.

"Then don't hurt yourself because of the past, Kit," He replied. I mentally rolled my eyes. He is as stubborn as ever.

"Fine," I stated shortly. He sighed with relief. "Thank you, baby." He said as he kissed my cheek.

"By the way, I'm bringing up some food for the both of us so we can eat together. Also, you are going to get some sleep tonight. I'm going to stay with you to make sure of that." He explained.

I nodded my head in agreement. He kissed my forehead and got up, leaving the room. He left my door open, looking at me once more before he goes down the hallway. I curled up in a ball on my bed. I was honestly exhausted.

I had closed my eyes for a minute and before I knew it, I was asleep.

----------

I had woken up hours later. Jeff was sitting on the edge of my bed beside me. I looked around, I hadn't set up my room yet so I didn't have my clock out.

"What time is it?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. "It's 3 am." He answered. "Why the hell are you up?" I questioned him.

"I came back from a killing spree not too long ago. I came in to check on you about 10 minutes ago. I guess I just couldn't bring myself to leave the room." He explained. I smiled lightly at him.

My stomach made a loud growling noise and my face turned pink. "Sorry..." I mumbled, embarrassed. He chuckled. 

"Don't be sorry, you haven't eaten in so long, I understand your stomach's desire." He Said.

"I'll get you something to eat. Try not to fall asleep this time." He smiled as he kissed my forehead. "I'll try," I reply.

He got up and left the room again. A few minutes later, he came back in with a bowl of noodles. He handed it to me and I quickly ate it.

"Slow down," Jeff laughed. "Your food isn't going anywhere." He finished. I slowed down and blushed. That was embarrassing. But I mean, I was hungry.

I had finished my noddles and Jeff put the bowl back in the kitchen. He held my hands in his.

"Do you think you'll be ready to start training tomorrow? Or should I say in a few hours?" He asked. I thought about it for a moment. If not now, then never.

"Yeah. I'll be ready. What time are we starting?" I questioned. "8 am." He answered.

I nodded my head. I was going to make the best of this and I am gonna kick Zalgo's ass.