Chapter 18

I picked it up and looked at the caller. No caller ID. I answered it.

"Who's this?" I heard a scratchy male voice. Oh my god. My dad had actually called me.

--------

My voice got stuck in my throat. I can't believe he actually called me. 

"Who. Are. You?" He growled through the phone. 

"D-dad? Why are you calling me?" I asked, pretending not to know what was going on.

"Katherine?" My dad questioned. "Yeah... It's me..." I mumbled. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"Why are you calling me?" I asked again. "Your number was left with a note saying to call 'her'. Which I'm assuming it's you." He explained.

"I thought Jenna wouldn't let you have contact with me?" I questioned.

I could feel the tension on the other end of the call. "Jenna is dead. So are Maggie and Luke." He said stiffly. 

"What?" I asked, feigning hurt. "They were killed last night. Someone broke into my fucking house and killed my family." He snarled.

"Mom and Jessie are dead." I blurted. He went silent. "How and when? And where is Nick?" He asked.

"Both a car accident, different times. Nick... He is gone. And I'm glad." I stated. "Why? I thought you liked Nick?" Dad quizzed.

"He..." I paused, "He did things to me, dad... Things no one should do to a girl..." I whimpered. Tears flew down my face remembering the horrible time.

"He touched you?" I could hear him grit his teeth. "He did more than that..." I told him. I mean, sure he left my mom to find someone new, but I was still his little girl. His first little girl. 

"I'm so sorry that I wasn't there. What about Jessie? Where was he?" He asked. "He was working, he rushed back as soon as he could," I replied.

"Where are you now?" He questioned me. "I'm home," I said. And that was the truth, I was home. The creepypasta mansion was my home.

"Where is that at? I'll come get you." He said. I could hear a pen click and paper ruffle. 

"No, dad. It's okay, I'll meet you somewhere." I told him. He couldn't come here and I didn't wanna go with him and leave everyone, especially not Jeff.

"Do you know where the Bradbury Cafe is?" I questioned. "The one on Salve street?" He asked. 

"Yeah, I'll meet you there in an hour." I told him. "Okay, I'll see you then." He replied as he hung up. 

I can't believe after all these years I finally get to see him again. I'm angry a bit, but he's still my dad and he had his reasons.

I grabbed my black hoodie and threw it on. I left my room and headed towards the stairs. Jeff opened his door and poked his head out.

"Kit? Whatcha doing?" He questioned. "For a walk." I replied quickly. "Can I tag along?" He asked.

I shook  my head. "Not this time Jeff." I told him as I walked down the stairs. "Why not?" I heard his footsteps follow me.

"Because it's private business." I spat. "What's so private about it?" He quizzed. 

"That's the reasons it's private." I rolled my eyes. "Why are you keeping secrets from me? Are you seeing someone else?" He inquired. 

"Are you serious? You actually think I'm cheating on you?" I said, hurt. "It's always a possibility. No offence but you seem like the type to cheat." He stated.