Chapter 6

A tear rolled down my cheek. This wasn't fair. This Slender man character couldn't keep Jeff away from me. He was- no is- my friend and I'll be damned to let someone take that away from me.

I think I'm starting to like Jeff.

---------

A few weeks later...

It's been a few weeks since I've heard from Jeff. Jessie was still on his business trip and I was home alone. Nothing interesting happened in the last few weeks, aside from before Jessie left, when I was kidnapped then released by someone who goes by the name of Doctor Smiley.

I decided to do some research on Jeff and Dr. Smiley. I opened my laptop in my room. I was sitting at my desk. I typed in Jeff. Nothing came up.

I thought back to the nightmare where I had killed someone. 

'I'm a killer. I would have killed that guy just for breathing. You did it to protect yourself'

'You kill people?" I remember that cold look in his eyes as he answered me. 'Yes.'

An idea popped into my head. 'Jeff the killer' I typed into my search bar. A whole bunch of articles came up. I clicked on images and there he was. Jeff the killer.

Oh my god. It wasn't a nightmare... I had killed someone without thinking twice. I might like a killer. What the hell was wrong with me? 

Similar things came up when I searched Dr. Smiley. I remember Jeff saying something about a Slender man. I typed his name in the search bar as well.

I found corresponding evidence that he too was a killer. My god, I'm in a neighborhood with killers. 

Huh. Is it odd that I don't really care that they are killers? Maybe. But I really don't. Two of them accept me and talked to me. Heck, Jeff even likes me. Or so he says.

I turned off my computer and went downstairs to get something to eat. I ended up just getting an apple. I went into the living room and looked at the pictures Jessie and I had put in here.

There was a picture of my mom, Jessie and I. We were all so happy in the photo. There was another photo with Jessie and my mom. It was her birthday and Jessie had gotten her a new camera. She loved taking pictures of nature.

And there was also a picture of me and her when I was a little girl, first starting school. I smiled. I missed her so much.

I went upstairs and into the bathroom. I found where I had hidden my blade and I took it out. I sat on the edge of the white tub, pulled up the sleeve on my mahogany shirt and rested the cool silver blade on my wrist, where others were.

A tear slipped from my eye and slowly slid down my cheek. I swiped the sharp object across my arm, lacerating myself. At first, there was no blood, then it started bleeding profusely. I cried as I did it again and again.

My arm was bleeding excessively and I quickly grabbed a dark cloth the stop the flow of red liquid. I don't think I've ever bled this much before. Oh well, who cares if I die? I'm a burden to everyone anyway.

I headed toward my room after patching up my arm and hiding the blade. I stopped walking and looked around. I felt another presence in the house. Maybe I lost a lot more blood than I thought and I was hallucinating? 

I entered my room and went to my bed. I heard my door creak and I turned around. Standing there, was none other, than Jeff. His eyes were bloodshot, his hair was messy and he looked sloppy and like he needed a bath.

"I saw what you did..." He mumbled as he stared at me with hurt in his eyes. I hid my arm behind my back slightly.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lied. He walked over to me, his strides long and smooth. In seconds he was in front of me.

"I think you do." He said lowly as he grabbed my arm swiftly, but gently. 

He pulled up my sleeve with ease and gazed at the bandage on my arm. He slowly unwrapped it and I tried to stop him.

"If you don't know what I'm talking about perhaps I'll have to show you." He told me.

"Stop. I know what you're talking about Jeff..." I stated. I looked at the floor, still stopping him from unraveling my bandages.

"Why did you do it Kit...?" He whimpered. I looked up at him with tears.

"For a whole bunch of reasons, Jeff. Because my mom is dead and I didn't get to say I love you. Because I get bullied at school, I was raped by my stepfather, I killed someone, Jeff!" I cried.

I collapsed to the floor. "I'm ugly, stupid, fat and I'm a mess. I don't deserve to live." I whispered as I stared at my hands.

"Stop. Now. You are none of those things Kit. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. And you're so damn smart from what I can tell. And you are far from fat. You're perfect." Jeff told me as he got on his knees and held my hands in his.

"As for the rest of the stuff you told me, hurting yourself isn't going to change it." He explained. "I know," I told him.

"It makes me feel better. It makes me focus more on the physical pain than the emotional." I  elucidate.

"You don't need to scar your beautiful skin over the past." He whispered in my ear.

"Like I said, it helps." I reinforced. He sighed.

"Let me take care of you, okay? Whenever you need me, message or call. Doesn't matter what time it is." He informed me.

I looked at him with tears in my eyes. He caught a fallen tear with the leathery pad of his thumb. He slowly leaned in to kiss me.

Just as his lips were about to touch mine, my phone rang. I blushed and moved away from Jeff, picking up my phone.

"Hello?" I answered. "Is this Kit Everett?" An unfamiliar voice asked. "Yes, may I ask who's calling?" I question.

"This is Nurse Kempton calling from Golden Valley Hospital. Your brother Jessie Everett, was in a car accident early this evening." She told me.

Oh my god.