Chapter 8: Bullies

Hotch's P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~

We just got back from New York from a case and I just walked into my office. I go and sit down at my desk and started with my paperwork. That's when my phone vibrates in my pocket, indicating that I have a message. I take my phone out of my pocket and saw that Jack texted me.

 I take my phone out of my pocket and saw that Jack texted me

Messages

It's still early in the morning, I guess I could go home and spend time with Beth. I could also maybe watch one of Jessica's hockey practice. I've been so busy with work lately that I didn't even have time for my children and family. Jessica's starting to grow further apart from me. I'm also gonna try and spend enough time with Jennifer. I've missed 18 years of her life, I'm not gonna miss the rest of her life. Even if she doesn't know I'm her father.

I pack my stuff in my briefcase and make my way to the elevator. As the elevator doors open I see Rossi and Alvez are already in the elevator, I walk into the elevator and the doors close, leaving us in silence. "So, Luke. How's Jaydene?" Rossi asks breaking the weird silence between us. "She's great" Luke says with a smile. Rossi is actually really over protective of Jaydene, he sees her as a granddaughter. Jaydene's been through so much, that she hides her pain and heartbreaks with her friendliness and jokes. "That's good......that's good" Rossi says almost whispering the last part. "When can we see Jennifer and Jessica together, Hotch?" Rossi says with a smirk on his lips.

"I don't know" I say plainly as the elevator doors open and I walk to my car, making my way home. At least I can relax for a few hours at home, before Jessica comes home.....

○○○○○○○

I walk into the house and put my briefcase down near the door. I walk into the living room, to see Beth sleeping on the coach. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. I should probably take her to the room, before Jessica gets home after practise. I walk up to the coach and pick her up bridal style, she instantly wraps her arms around my neck. I walk up the stairs with her in my arms and walk into the room. I put her on the bed before walking out of the room and close the room.

I down the stairs to the kitchen and I just grab left over pizza and a beer, before I go and sit down in the TV room. I switch on the TV and started watching the football game I missed and I asked Jessica to tape it for me. I was half through the game when my phone rings. I pause the TV before grabbing my phone and checking the caller ID, to see Emily's calling me.

Italics is Hotch
Bold is Emily

Hi Emily

Hotch, you really need to get to the school.

Why?

Jennifer got into a verbal argument with someone and Jessica got into a physical fight.

When and where did this happen?

In Alex's Linguistics classroom.

Fine, I'm on my way