Chapter 17: A Birthday Party and A Agreement

A/N: I'm so so so so sorry that I haven't updated in almost a year you guys. The app was busy clitching on me so Uninstalled it and reinstalled it but I forgot my password, I'm really sorry.  So I made a new account and wrote another type of Hotchniss book it's called Imperfect family. But I'm back now and I'm ready to update. It might also take a while because I'm also busy with exams.

Emily's P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up opening my eyes slowly and sit up slowly. I look over at my phone, that's lying on my bedside table. I grab and see that I have a text from Julio (Marko's Dad). I smile opening it and read.

It's a invitation to Max's birthday party (Marko's little brother). I reply and smile standing up and walking out of my room to Jennifer's room. I knock softly and see Jennifer's already  dressed as she sits by her window in a arm chair, her knees pulled to her chest as she reads book, I just smile as I watch her.

It hurts to know that one day my relationships with both my daughters might never be fixed, when the day comes, for them to find out that their twins.

"Mom..You're staring" I hear Jennifer says, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Sorry honey" I say smiling as I stand in the doorway. Jennifer just smiles as she stands up from the arm chair and puts her book down on her bedside table, she walks up to her mirror and ties her hair up in a pony.

"I was meaning to tell you, that we were invited to a birthday party" I say and Jennifer just smiles. "Max Rodriguez's party, right?" Jennifer says smiling as she tightens her pony and turns away from her mirror, to look at me. "Yeah, how'd you..." I asks confused. "Mom, Marko Rodriguez is his older brother, plus Jessica told me I should come" Jennifer says smiling as she grabs her phone putting it in her back pocket.

"It sounds like you and Jessica are becoming pretty close friends" I say smiling as happiness just fills me, knowing that my two beautiful independent twin daughters are getting along so well. "Yeah, I guess we are" Jennifer says nodding her head slightly as she smiles.

"She told me one time, I should learn to live a quarter mile at a time" Jennifer says laughing softly and I just smile. "Let me guess, she's a big fast and furious fan?" I say smiling as I walk downstairs with Jennifer. Jennifer just smiles and shakes her head sighing. "Like you wouldn't believe" Jennifer says smiling and kisses my cheek when she hears Jaydene and Jessica outside. "Bye Mom" Jennifer says grabbing her jacket and opens the front door. "See you at the party" Jennifer says smiling and closes the front door.

I just hear a car door slamming and a sports car pulling out of the driveway and speeds away down the street. I just smile and go to the kitchen making myself coffee.

After making my cup of coffee, I take my cup and go upstairs with it to my room. I put the coffee mug down on my bedside table and walk to my bathroom getting undressed and I get in the shower.

*****

I arrive at Julio's house and smile at the blue and green balloons that are blown up, and tied to the front porch. I get out of my car and grab the present I quickly got for Max, that's on the passenger seat. I close my car door and walk to the back of the yard and just see Max on Drake's shoulders as Drake runs around and Max makes airplane sound effects, his arms stretched out as he giggles after a few seconds now and then.

I see the table where all the presents are and put mine on the table, where ever I found space. I see Jessica talking to all the girls and for the first time, I actually see Jennifer enjoying herself with other people. She was never the one for many friends in school. But I'm glad she made some friends, well actually a lot of friends.