Chapter 18: The truth

Hotch's P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up the next morning and remember it's Monday and that today's the day the girls are going to find out the truth. I get dressed and look at Beth still sleeping. I walk to Jessica's room and shake her lightly. "Jess, wake up" I say and Jessica groans annoyed. "I'll get up now" Jessica says turning away from the sunlight, coming through her bedroom window.

I chuckle softly and walk out of her room, closing the door again and my smile fades away. Just to think she won't be like that with me any longer, after she finds out the truth.

I sigh and go downstairs starting the washing, so long. I make myself coffee and hear Jessica coming downstairs after a few minutes. She walks into the kitchen and grabs the cup, that she makes her energy drinks in.

I watch her smiling as she reminds me so much of Emily, Emily's just as healthy as Jessica. "Why you looking at me like that?" Jessica asks giving me a confused look. "Like what?" I ask confused. "Like she's going to hate you" Jack says entering the kitchen. "Yeah, like that" Jessica says nodding as she agrees with Jack and shakes her energy drink, to mix it up.

I just shrug smiling and grab my phone and car keys. "Let's go, Jess" I say smiling and Jessica nods hugging Jack bye and grabs her sports bags and school bag, she also grabs her energy drink going to the car. "You're going to tell them, aren't you?" Jack says looking at him with his eyebrow raised. "Yeah" I say taking a deep breath. "Good luck" Jack says patting my shoulder before going to make his coffee.

"Yeah, thanks so much for the motivation speech" I mumble and walk to the car getting inside and start driving Jessica to school. I look to my side at Jessica, she's sitting with head phones around her neck and looking out the car window.

I stop at a red light and Jessica looks down at her phone smiling. "And that smile?" I ask smiling. "Just Jaydene" Jessica says smiling and shrugs. "She wants to invite Jennifer's boyfriend to the graduation, to suprise her" Jessica says smiling as she types on her phone. "That's nice of her" I say smiling.

Jennifer has a boyfriend?!

I stop in front of Jessica's school and she smiles at me, her way of saying bye. I drive away after she gets her bags out of the car.

I drive to the office and sigh.

I can't imagine the anger that the girls are going to have.......

****

Emily and I both pull up in the school parking lot. We get out of our cars and walk to the field, knowing both the girls are there. I see Jessica sitting on the bench as she ties her shoe laces and Jennifer talking to Jessica as Jessica ties her shoe laces smiling.

"You ready?" Emily asks and I can see she's nervous, her hands shaking slightly. I take both her hands in mine. "Hey....it's fine. They'll be mad but they'll forgive us again" I say smiling as I look into her eyes and she nods smiling. I look down at our hands and let go smiling and we walk towards the girls.

"Hey you guys" Emily says smiling and Jessica stands up tightening her ponytail. Jennifer gives us a kind smile. "We need to tell you guys something" I say looking at the two of them. "She's not pregnant right?" Jessica says. "No" Emily says shaking her head. "You're engaged?" Jennifer asks. "No" I say sighing. "You're dating" The girls say at the same time. "No" Emily and I say at the same time.

"Then what?" Jessica says frustrated. "The two of you are sisters" I say sighing. "You're twins" Emily says smiling. Jessica and Jennifer just look at me and Emily, as if we're crazy. Jessica bursts out in a fit laughter, I look over at Jennifer and she just walks away speechless.