i saw him

*Cynthia's POV*

What happened?... where am i? This isn't my room obviously. It's very bright. Maybe i'm in a hospital.. oh... wait... i remember now. The computer. Cleverbot. The picture. Ben... could i have dreamed it all? It would make more sence. I had probably imagined the whole thing and had a panic attack again. Mom just took me to the hospital to make sure i was ok. Yeah... that sounds about right. But it had all seemed so real... the kiss seemed real too...

"-alright?" A stern voice said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I said, a little embarrassed. The doctor was talking this whole time! Ugh i'm so stupid.

"I said," she repeated patiently. "That you're going to be fine. But just in case, i want you to take two of these a day until they run out. Alright?"

She handed me a bottle of pills that are a light red. I nod and look around.

"Where's my mother?" I asked curiously.

"She's outside waiting for you."

"Oh, okay- AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!" I screamed, as i saw the IV that was inserted in my arm. I had a horrible phobia of needles. My arm went stiff, and i'm pretty sure my face was a pale white. The doctor looked shocked and come to me quickly.

"It's alright! I'll take it out, then you can return home." She said, pulling the needle out of my vein. I stared, looking at the blue and purple-ish color it had made on my skin. I quickly got out of bed and got dressed. I hated hospitals... ugh... after i was dressed, i hurried down the hall, looking for Mom. I wanted to leave as soon as possible. I hated places like this. It always reminded me of thise freaky movies where the lights start flickering and you see a little girl at the end of the hallway. She tilts her head and starts to grin. You notice and turn to run, but she's there too! Finally, she reaches out to you, her small hand covered with blood, and-

"Cynthia!" My mother shouted. I ended my day dreaming and ran towards her. She had a look of worry on her face.

"Mom..." i said quietly. "Can we leave now?" I asked.

She nodded and i followed her down the hall. After she had signed me out, we both walked to the car, an akward silence surrounding us.

"I want to know the thruth." She stated. "Was this about Ben again?"

"Sorta..."

"Cynthia, i know you two were close and that he meant alot to you, but he's in a better place now."

I shook my head slowly.

"No Mom. I saw him." I said as Mom sighed. "I really saw him! He came out of my computer screen!"

"Cynthia!" She snapped. "He's gone! It's been four years! You need to accept this!"

I didn't reply. Tears filled my eyes and i ran away from the car. She didn't understand. None of them did. The doctors. The kids at school. None of them. I really did see him this time. Atleast... i thought i did. No... i know i did.

I knew mom wouldn't chase after me. She knew that i needed space and she respected that. I just walked home. I didn't feel unsafe, because mom was driving a few yards behind me, making sure i didn't get hurt. She was a good mom... i opened the front door of my house and ran upstairs. As soon as i made it to my room, i closed the door and locked it behind me. I didn't want to be bothered. Not now.

I could hear my mother's footsteps outside my door. She said nothing and walked back down the steps. I waited until i heard the TV turn on, and i buried my face in my pillow. I was sobbing and i didn't know why. Was it because my mother didn't believe me? Or that the whole thing might be a dream? I wasn't sure. My face remained buried in the pillow, as a pair of cold ars wrapped around me, embracing me in a hug. I didn't know how mom got my door unlocked. Maybe she had a key... i was about to ask her to leave, when i heard Ben's voice in a soothing whisper.

"See? I told you i'd come back."