Hunting

*Cynthia's POV*

I have no idea what's going on. First, i agree to be somethjng i'm not in exchange for immortal life. Second, they preform some weird ceremony involving a well and my blood. And third, Ben hasn't even looked at me since. Ugh, i hated this already. He must be mad...

"Cynthia!" I heard someone scream.

"Wha-" my sentence was cut off by someone talking me to the ground. I was freaking out, expecting it to be Jeff or the others. But, to my surprise and happiness, it was Toby.

"Hi Cynthia!" He said with a smile. I laughed and pushed him off.

"hey Toby. Whatcha need?"

"You're gonna be coming with me!" He said with a proud look on his face. I couldn't really tell. He always wore goggles and this metal-mask thing.

"and where are we going?" I asked him.

"to the town!" He replied with joy. "here. You can use one of my axes." He said, handing me the axe. He wanted me to... Kill?

"i-i can't!" I stuttered.

"sure ya can! Trust me. The first kill is always the hardest."

i causiously took the weapon from his hand. I didn't like this... We walked through the woods, until we came across a well. It looked old. Extremely old...

"need me to go first?" Toby asked, breaking my thoughts.

"huh?"

"watch this!" He said, and jumped down the well. I gasped and looked for him. Except... He wasn't there. Please don't be dead...

"come on!" I heard him shout. I took a deep breath, and finally jumped. I kept falling, not hitting anything. It was like i was suspended in time.

7 seconds.

This was exactly like my 7 seconds...

"ouch!" I shouted. Instead of hitting the bottom, the gravity switched and i ended up on the other side of... What, exactly? It looked brighter than the other forest we were in, so that must be a good sign.

"come on Cynthia! We're gonna miss the good ones!" Toby whined. He grabbed my hand and dragged me to my feet. I then ran after him through the forest until we found a street. With houses. With people inside...

"ok, now i'll go first. Then you follow. I'll get whoever's on the bottom floor, and you go for the upstairs. Ok?" He said with a smile.

I nodded. I felt somewhat more comfortable around Toby than i did around Ben. It's nice to take some pressure off once in a while. I followed him towards the front door, and cringed as he opened it with a small creak.

We walked in and looked around. Nobody was there... But that doesn't mean that it was completly empty. We made our way upstairs, causious of all the places a person could be hiding. We had checked all the rooms except for one.

"if there's any in here," i whispered to him. "then that's where they should be."

I got my axe ready, as he opened the door. I saw a person.

"stop!" He shouted. Wait... I recognised that voice...

"Darren?"