The Lake

*Cynthia's POV*

I had no idea of what was going on. Darren wasn't like the others. He didn't have any supernatural powers such as strength and regineration... Right?

Slender spoke quietly. "you, Darren Drayton... You are a half vampire..."

"w-what?" He said in fake disbelief. Wow... He needed to learn how to lie better.

"You are not welcome in this household Mr. Drayton. You are scum. We do not house such garbage."

He looked at Slender in disbelief.

"Ok, number one, I am NOT scum. Or garbage. Or any other insult you can throw at me. I'm just a half vampire. Leave it be. And second, isn't that some form of demonic racism?"

Slender pointed to the door.

"OUT!" He shouted. What was he so worried about? Darren wouldn't hurt anyone! Right?...

"No!" Shouted a voice. I looked around and saw little Sally standing on a chair so she could be seen. Her stuffed bear was in one hand and a cookie was held in the other. She was adorable.

"Slendy please don't send him away! Please? He's just like us! And besides... He's the only one that can beat Ben at the video games!" She protested, while sticking her toung out at Ben. But Ben didn't play back. Looks like Slender wasn't the only one who wanted Darren gone...

Slender waited for a few moments and sighed. Sally was obviously his favorite. I guess being stuck in a house filled with son-like killers, it's nice to have a daughter every once in a while. And Sally... Well, she was his weak spot i guess.

He bent down to face Darren.

"If one accident happens Darren Drayton... I will have you head hanging on my office wall. Understand?"

"Yes Mister Slender sir." He said in a mocking voice. Slender growled, but said nothing. Instead, he stormed out of the room and i suppose teleported outside to the towns. I didn't hear his footsteps after that. We all turned to Darren.

"i knew there was something i didn't like about you." Ben growled.

I rolled my eyes and mumbled. "you were just jealous."

He looked at me, his eyes wide. "Jealous? Jealous?! Cynthia, you died! You died and i thought that for the second time in my life, i was going to be alone again. So when you come back to me, i end up losing you to this guy." He said gesturing to Darren.

"Ben, Darren and i are just friends!"

"Don't lie to me Cynthia! I'm not an idiot!"

"really? Because you sure are acting like one!"

He reared his hand back as if to hit me, but that's as far as he got. I had my eyes closed, bracing myself for the impact, when i realized that it never came. I slowly opened my eyes to find that Darren ahd pulled me back, and that Toby had tackled Ben to the ground. Ben had stopped struggling and looked up at me. Instead of hatred or anger, i saw sympathy. Saddness maybe...

"Cynthia..." He began. I shook my head and while trying to blink away the tears, i ran out the door. He tried to hit me... He was actually going to hit me...

I ran as fast as i could until i found myself at the heart of the forest. There was a lake. A huge one at that. I sat at the edge of it and watched the reflection of the moon ripple in small waves. I heard footsteps behind me.

"Cynthia." Ben said softly. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know what i was thinking. Please."

I looked away and found myself fixated on a group of lake reeds near the edge. He gently moved my head to meet his. He then kissed me. I loved it when he kissed me... Except.. This felt off... I felt as though he was... Transforming? I opened my eyes to see the devil himself.

"miss me beautiful?"

******************
well... Sucks for her