Slender

*Cynthia's POV*

White...

White with black dots.

That's what surrounded me. That's all that i saw.

Am i dead?...

Death... That's what i feared the most... But why did i seem calm? Was it because all my cares; my worries; my fears... They were gone? Or could it be the simple fact that the black dots were telling me to be calm? I don't know the answer to such a question. Perhaps no one knew.

I was dead. I was actually, truely dead... Oh, that's right. Jeff... The window. The firewood.

7 seconds.

Those last moments... The last moments of my life... And Jeff had to be in them. His laugh. His dreadful, hideous laugh...

No. I will not think about that thing. Not now. This is a happy time. I can smile. (so i did) I can laugh (to which i laughed) I can be free of worries!

I closed my eyes and fell through the black dots. They flew around me, as i fell. The feeling as though there was no gravity. It was like space. It was my space. I tried to think about the conversations.

"hey, did you hear about that Cynthia girl?"

"the one that was murdered?"

"yeah. She was only 16..."

"poor dear... It must've been horrible."

And that's as far as i got. I let my mind drift. I was perfectly fine. Perfectly... Happy. I was actually happy. Things have finally changed.

Except... The black dots... They were turning... Colorful. And the white background was turning into a grey-ish silver color.

"N-NO!" I tried to scream. "NO! I J-JUST GOT HERE!"

My vison blurred, then returned to normal. This kept repeating multiple times.

".... Think... She's... Up..."

I could barely speak.

"w-wha?..."

"i think she's waking up! BEN! SHES WAKING UP!"

Ben... Where is he?...

I felt hands grab my shoulders and shake. I opened my eyes to the blinding white light. I was in a... Hospital room? Except... It wasn't in a hospital. It had the same equptment, but it wasn't in an actual hospital.

"C-Cynthia! C-can you hear me?!"

"B-ben..."

His hands were around my face. He pulled me into a kiss. A meaningful one. My weak arms wrapped around him and pulled him close. He pulled away and i saw the black tears coming from his eyes.

"i thought i lost you. I-i though... You were gone..."

"i'm right here... It's ok Ben... Why did you bring ne back..."

"what?..."

"i was in a wonderful place..."

"i can't live without you here... I'm sorry..."

I took a deep breath and looked around. I saw a little girl in a mangled pink dress. adorable. I saw a tall man without a face. Scary. And there were two men standing behind him with masks. Creepy.

But behind Ben, there was someone that i found adorable. He was jumping up and down enthusiastically, but Ben was focused on me.

"please don't leave me again Cynthia. I'm sorry that i left when i died. Now we're even. We can't leave each other anymore. Ok?" He said with a shaking voice.

I nodded and smiled.

"no matter how peacful that place was... I'd rather be with you."

He kissed me softly and in the middle of the kiss, the teenage boy behind him started shaking his shoulders.

"who is she Ben? You promised you'd tell meeee!"

He laughed and turned to him.

"Toby, this is Cynthia. My girlfriend. And Cynthia, this is-"

"My name's Toby! I like to play video games with Ben and all my other brothers! I also like to hang out with Slendy! Wanna be my friend?"

I smiled at him. He must have a disorder. Maybe ADHD. Or ADD.

"i would love to be your friend Toby."

He jumped up and said "yay" for good measure. Me and Ben laughed as he skipped through the hallway.

"Benjamin." Said the tall man.

"Y-Yes Slender?"

"You know what must be done."

his eyes widened. He jumped up in defense and stood between me and "slender".

"N-No! You're not going to kill her! I didn't work this hard to get her back, just so you can take her away!"

"Bejamin, it has to be done!"

One of the masked men behind him spoke up. His mask was white with a feminine smile, and outlined eyes.

"actually, there is a way Master."

"and what would that be?" He replied annoyed.

"she could become one of us."

My eyes widened. Become one of them? A... A killer?... I don't think i could...

"that is true..." Said Slender. "well, mortal? What are you going to choose?"

"i... I choose..." I trailed off. Everyone in the room had their eyes on me. Even the little girl. did she kill people too? was she in this very spot once? Did she have all the pressure surrounding her? I sighed. It's either death, or immortal life with regrets.

"i'll become one of you." I said quietly.