The Tree

*Cynthia's POV*

I felt Ben shift in bed beside me. He sat up in bed and i felt him jump. I opened my eyes sleepily and poked him.

"Ben, what's wrong?"

That's when i directed my gaze at where he was focused on. I saw that pale face looking through the window and nearly screamed. Ben got up and made his way to the window.

"what do you want?" He growled.

"the beauty that was laying beside you."

"Fuck you Jeff!" He screamed while grabbing a sword and stabbing at him, breaking the window. He managed to get Jeff by surprise, and stabbing his left eye out. I was afraid to do anything. I guess you could say that i've developed a phobia of Jeff... I tried to stand. I wanted to stand. I wanted to grab my knife and help Ben. But i couldn't. I just couldn't. My brain wouldn't allow for it.

I managed.anyway though. I slowly stood up as Ben and Jeff fought. I searched for something. Anything. I found my knife on the floor where i must've dropped it. I quickly picked it up and made my way outside. I don't even know why i picked the knife. I guess it would protect me but it wasn't what i needed. I needed an axe. Jeff was using the small tree outside of Ben's window to get that high.

Before heading outside i made my way into Toby's room where i found what i needed. I picked it up and saw a sleeping Toby who had cried himself to sleep. He was clutching the fire proof case like it was his only proof of reality. I sighed and ran outside to the tree. I looked up and Ben was leaning out the window since Jeff had backed up slightly. Good...

I drew back the axe and hit the trunk. It wasn't that wide which made me wonder how it would support Jeff's wait. Sally maybe, but not Jeff. It was a Slender tree though, so even if ut was skinny, it was pretty damn tall.

The axe went into the thin bark easily. I drew it back and swung again. Jeff had noticed and began to make his way down. I swung again as i heard him cuss. I looked up to see that his hoodie was stuck on a branch. This was my chance.

Chop.

He swore again.

Chop.

He tugged on the fabric desperatly.

Chop.

The tree fell, impaling him as he hit the ground. Even though he was seriously injured, he continued trying. He got out from under the tree and trudged toward me. I was scared... I wouldn't be able to get close to him without him open to a hit. I just kept backing up. That is, until he lunged. I closed my eyes and waited...

Nothing came. This seems to be happening alot lately. I opened my eyes and saw Toby standing infront of me. He was facing me.