Only 17

*Ben's POV*

The funeral was last Tuesday. The house was dead silent. Everyone was afraid to do anything. To eat. To speak. Anything. It frightened me. Masky and Hoodie didn't go into the kitchen anymore. Slender didn't walk through the house yelling at us and arguing with Darren's witty comebacks. Darren stopped drinking blood, which might kill him. Both the Jack's and Mr.Wdiemouth chose not to talk about the subject. They spent their time outside killing. Then there was Cynthia. Her birthday was two days ago and she didn't even come out of her room. We all felt awful. No one passed Toby's room. Nobody dared go near it. Finally, i had had enough. I walked to the attic, where Cynthia usually hid. She was sitting by the small window, looking out at the gray and slightly stormy sky. I walked over to her and sat down.

"hey." I said softly. She looked to me, then back to the window.

"hi..." Sge said in a quiet hoarse voice.

"hey." I said slightly louder. She turned around, annoyed, but she didn't have the chance to say anything. I kissed her softly and it didn't didn't take her long to kiss back. That simple kiss turned into a heated makeout session. She ran her hands through my hair, as ny hands went up and down her body. I tugged at the hem of her shirt, when she stopped me.

"Ben." She said firmly.

"yeah?" I said still tugging. She shook her head and sat up. I was a little embarrassed.

"maybe one day Ben." She said softly. "but i'm only 17... And it's still so close to Toby's death... Not now."

I nodded solemly. She leaned against me and i wrapped my arm around her. She sighed quietly, barely audible.

"i miss him Ben... It was my fault."

"hey," i said softly. "it was Jeff's fault. Not yours."

"if i had just died right after you left, then you wouldn't have found me in time to save-"

"Cynthia." I said firmly. "listen, i don't want you thinking this way. It's not your fault and i want you to stop."

She nodded and tried to hold back tears. I hugged her tighter and whispered.

"go ahead. It's ok."

She broke down in my arms. I held her tightly and slowly rocked her back and forth. The reason we couldn't do the same spell for Toby, was because Slender was already in trouble with doing it to Cynthia wothout permission. And if they found out that Toby was a mortal... That'd be even worse. It's best to let it be.

After a while, she just fell asleep. I layed back and let her rest on me. She was in rough shape. I knew we'd all miss Toby... But she was full out grieving. After a while, i just couldn't stay awake anymore. I fell asleep with Cynthia resting on top of me.

***

When i woke up, Cynthia wasn't there anymore. I must've felt cold because she was acting like a blanket for me. I got up and made my way downstairs where everyone was moping around.