Isolation

*Cynthia's POV*

I don't know why, but lately i've been... Out of it. I've been trying to isolate myself from everyone else, and i don't really know why. All i know is that whenever i'm around everyone else, i start to zone out. And it's not intentional. That leads to something like embarrassment. So i try to hide myself in my closet or somewhere in the attic; somewhere that people would usually go to hide like in the movies. And what frightens me most, is my skin. It hasn't gone back to normal yet, like Slender said it would. When Ben drowned, he was only in the water for a day until others found him and they held his funeral. But 5 days? That's too much... My skin has stayed the same color of murky bluish-green (if not, a darker and deeper shade.) My eyes also bug me. It's not that i'm crying. It's that at random times of the day, they'll start to leak. I know, it's digsusting, but they look the same as Ben's whenever he's crying the black bloody stuff that comes out of his eyes. But mine is clear like pond water. I've been finding peices of alge on my pillow when i wake up in the mornings as well. At first, i just thought it was from all that time in the lake, and it had gotten stuck in my hair. But no. It couldn't be that. I've made sure to take plenty of showers since the lake incedent. And all these reasons lead to why i'm sitting in the darkest corner of the attic. I can't talk to them anymore. They can't see me like this. I'm a freak. Even out of all the people in this mansion, leave it to me to be the weirdest of them all.

"Cynthia?" I heard a familiar voice call. I didn't answer back. Instead, i just huddled deeper into the safe corners of my make-shift quiet room. The small trapdoor on the floor opened up. Darren climbed through and looked around. When he saw me, i could see it in his eyes that he thought i was insane (which i probably was by this point.) He pulled himself up into the attic and closed the small door behind him.

"Cynthia..." He said softly. He was treating me like a wild animal... No. Not a wild animal. He was treating me like a pet that had been lost for a long period of time. So when someone would find the pet, they'd talk to it in a soft and calming voice. Maybe that's what i was... I was a lost animal slowly turning wild.

"g-go away. I want to be alone..." I said quietly.

"no. I'm going to figure out what's wrong. Cynthia, you've been dodging every conversation we throw at you. You lock yourself in small spaces. You stare at the wall for hours at a time!" He paused and calmed down. "we're worried about you. Ben's worried about you. I'm worried about you. Just tell me what's wrong. Please."

I took a deep breath and looked at him. I explained to him all that had happened and how i believed that i had a serious problem. I have no idea how long i sat there talking. He just nodded and listened to all the insane things i had to say.

"i have a theory..." He said when i finished. "I found this book in Slender's office when he went to go hunting."

He pulled out a small book that could fit easily in your pocket. He flipped to a page labeled "Blood lust".

"i don't understand..." I said, confused.

"what i'm trying to say, is that you need to kill. I'm not suggesting it. I'm telling you that you have to kill something. I read that being a creepypasta requires it."

"b-but..." I trailed off. I was so confused.

"ok, let me give you an example. I have a 'form' that i turn into when i'm hungry and need blood. Perhaps this is your 'form'. Your skin turns more blue and green than needed and your eyes start crying pond water. Do you see?"

I nodded. It all made sence actually.

"y-yes... I think i understand."

he smiled and stood up, offering me his hand. "come on. You need to go hunting. You've already spent atleast a week and a half without a single kill. That's very dangerous."

I took his hand and he helped me up. On our way to the old well, he was naming off multiple facts about creepypastas. Immortality neccesseties. War and history. Blood lust. He explained it all. He must've memorized the book, because he didn't take it out of his pocket the whole trip.

We stopped at the well. I didn't want to go alone. I hated being alone. Which led me to questioning why i tried to isolate myself in the first place...

"it's ok. I'm right behind you on this one. Ok?"

I nodded and grabbed my pocket knife. Without a second thought or letting my brain have a chance to think, i jumped into the well and landed on the other side within seconds.