Movie Therapy

Kara and Lena rode silently. Lena was trying to focus on the road but kept on getting distracted by Kara. Every few minutes Kara would hold Lena's hand until Lena had to turn with both hands. Eventually Lena's knuckles turned white from gripping the steering wheel too hard.

They didn't say anything until they got in the elevator. "I recon you didn't bring anything to wear tonight, so if you'd like you could borrow something to wear." Lena suggested. "Yeah, thanks." Kara sighed.

When they got inside, Lena kicked off her heels and picked them up. Lena waited for Kara to do the same. "Come on, Kar." Lena said and for the first time that night, offered her hand out to Kara. Kara took it, feeling that Lena was getting used to Kara being a person who holds your hand and give you hugs.

The two women walked up the stairs, hand in hand, and then into Lena's bedroom. Lena suggested that Kara put her shoes by the door of her bedroom, so she would see them on her way out. Lena put her shoes in her closet while Kara did that. Then Lena got her pajamas from her closet and held them in her arm. "Look through my closet, and pick something you like while I change." Lena said before she opened the door to her bathroom. Lena had picked one of her favorite blue shirts that said 'got more issues than vogue' and a pair of gray sweatpants. She put it on and then smiled at herself in the mirror, trying to calm her nerves. Then she brushed her hair and stepped outside.

To Lena's surprise, Kara was sitting on the edge of her bed waiting for her wearing what happened to be Lena's favorite shirt. This shirt said 'the snuggle is real' which she thought fit Kara perfectly considering she was so good at giving hugs. She also had on the same sweatpants as Lena but just a shade darker. Lena smiled brightly and Kara looked up at her "What?" Kara chuckled. "That's my favorite shirt." Lena said laughing. Kara got off the bed and walked over to Lena. Lena's smile disappeared when she realized Kara wanted to talk about what she was thinking about before.

Lena walked with Kara by her side until they got to the bar Lena had. Lena got two glasses out of her cabinet to pour wine into but Kara said she didn't want one so she put one back and poured a glass for herself.

Lena walked to her couch and Kara followed her silently. They both sat down and Lena sighed, putting her wine on the coffee table. Lena was biting the inside of her lip, she did it when she was nervous, which happened often. "Kara, I'm gay." Lena blurted out and then covered her mouth, realizing what she had just admitted. That confession was meant for another time. Lena buried her head in her thighs. "I know, Lena." Kara said calmly. Lena's head snapped up when Kara said that. "How?" Lena asked shocked at the words that had come out of her mouth. "I'm not stupid, L." Kara chuckled. "But it's okay. I am too." Kara admitted. Lena felt the butterflies go wild again, and she smiled. "Was that really what was bothering you?" Kara asked. "No." Lena sighed. Kara looked at her friend, her smile was gone and a wave of hurt glazed over Lena's eyes. Kara sighed and pulled her into a tight hug. She knew Lena was't ready to talk about it, but that was fine.

Lena couldn't tell Kara why she was sad earlier. If she did, she would have to tell her that she liked her, and she didn't want to ruin her relationship with the one person in National City she was able to call her friend.

After Lena had calmed down, Kara suggested that they watch a movie. "All of my movies are upstairs, so if you want we can watch it in my room." Lena suggested. Kara agreed and then they walked up the stairs. Kara sat on the bed and Lena looked through her movies. Lena knew how much Kara loved musicals so she decided to pick her best ones"Okay," Lena said, laying out the musicals as she said them "I have Hairspray, Grease, Singing In The Rain, Chicago High School Musical and The Wizard of Oz." Lena smiled when Kara gasped when she heard the name of the last musical. "THE WIZARD OF OZ!" Kara yelled. "The Wizard of Oz it is then." Lena chuckled.

(authors note for one of the two people going to my school that might read this: remember when we were waiting for the bus and I screamed "the wicked of oz!" by accident?😂)

Soon they were both sitting beside each other, against the backboard of the bed, with the comforter pulled up to their lower abdomens.

About halfway through the musical Kara was starting to get tired, trying to sing the songs in between yawns. Eventually Kara rested her head on Lena's shoulder. Lena smiled and looked at Kara, who was half asleep.

Lena looked at the clock on her nightstand and realized it was 12:46. "Kar," Lena whispered, trying now to bother her friend too much. "it's late, do you wanna go to bed?" Kara responded by nodding her head slowly without opening her eyes. "Okay." Lena said, reaching for the remote to turn off the tv. Once she did, she turned off the lamp beside her, and as if it was planned, both girls slumped over the covers at the same

At 8:26 am, Kara woke up with an unexpected weight on her, Kara looked down and saw Lena sleeping peacefully on her chest. Kara ran her fingers through Lena's hair gently. Lena woke up in about seven minutes and looked up at Kara. "Hi," Lena said calmly not moving from the position she was in. "You're really comfortable." Lena laughed softy. "Thanks." Kara chuckled. Lena closed her eyes while waiting Kara ran her fingers through her hair. She was too awake to fall asleep but she wanted to stay there for a while.

Eventually, they got up and it was 9:21 am when they were eating breakfast. "On Tuesday, so in three days, Alex, Maggie and I are having a sleepover. Do you wanna come?" Kara asked calmly. "I wouldn't want to intrude." Lena said shaking her head. "No, no. It's fine." Kara reassured her. "Are you sure?" Lena asked. "Yeah." Kara smiled. "Okay, if you insist," Lena sighed putting her hands up in surrender "I'll be there." Lena smiled.