Everything

|We're now going to pretend time is not a thing so that I can finally do one of my chapter ideas I've been waiting to do for ages. Comforting Kara was requested, so here it is!|

(At this point, Kara and Lena had pretty much moved in together without noticing.)

Kara got home and took off her raincoat and wet rain boots. It was 6:47 PM and already dark outside. Black clouds were all that Kara could see when she looked out the window across the room.

Kara looked around but couldn't find Lena. She picked up her phone to confirm that she hadn't imagined Lena texting her.

Lena: Going home early... I'm two blocks away.
Kara: Is everything okay, Lena?
Lena: Of course, why would something be wrong? Anyways, I'm home and about to shower. See you later.

It had been raining and thundering since 1:00 in the afternoon and it hadn't stopped. Every few seconds Kara would hear thunder. When Kara realized that Lena could still be in the shower, she sped over to the door and knocked on it.

"Yes?" Lena's voice sounded muffled.

"Are you okay in there?" Kara asked sweetly.

"Yes." Lena sniffled.

"Can I come in please?" Kara asked after hearing a soft whimper come from inside the washroom.

Lena nodded softly and then realized Kara couldn't see her, "Yeah." she whispered.

Kara slowly opened the door and saw Lena sitting with her knees tucked to her chest in the bathtub. The water was leveled with her shoulders.

"Oh, Lee." Kara dropped to the floor and kneeled next to the tub. She touch the water and quickly withdrew her hand. "The water is scorching hot!"

Lena's eyes were glazed over and she was visibly scared. Her eyes red and irritated from crying and her hair was wet and tangled. Her body was trembling from the temperature of the water.

Kara took off her socks and stepped into the tub, lifting Lena out. Lena's arms quickly wrapped themselves around the superhero's neck. Before Kara could take a step further, Lena started sobbing into Kara's shoulder. "It's okay, Lena." Kara kissed Lena's temple gently.

Once Lena was dressed in her MIT sweatshirt and Abercrombie & Fitch sweatpants, Kara carried the younger woman into their bed.

The two sat in silence for a few seconds until the thunder came back and Lena whimpered once again.

Kara pulled her closer and met sad, green eyes. She searched them for something... but she wasn't sure what she was looking for.

"It's- It's the thunder, Kara." Lena's lip was quivering and she was trying her hardest to stop crying.

"Hey, breathe, okay?" Kara tucked a strand of hair behind Lena's ear.

Kara rubbed Lena's back as she cried.

When Lena ran out of tears, she decided to talk. "When Lex and I were kids," Lena started "and it would thunder, I would always get scared. I would run to the washroom and lock myself in. Lex would sit outside the door. He would talk to me and tell me jokes so I would forget about the thunder. We did this every time it thundered. And then, we grew up. Lex got arrested and I had no one to talk to and tell me it would be okay. So every time it thunders and he's not here. I lock myself in the washroom and cry until the thunder goes away."

Kara used her thumb and wiped away the tears Lena didn't know were streaming down her face. "You don't have to be afraid. I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere." Kara held Lena as tight as she could without crushing her.

"Promise?" Lena whispered.

"I will always love you and I will always protect you. I promise."

(Yes I just quoted Supergirl)

This only made Lena cry more. Kara loves me. Lena thought to herself. Kara had said it before but this time, she finally believed it.

"I love you, too." Lena sobbed.

Lena and Kara stayed where they were for two hours. Lena had fallen asleep already and Kara was playing with her hair.

Kara looked out the window and smiled. "Lena." Kara whispered and nudged her. Lena yawned and her eyes fluttered open. She smiled at the sight of her girlfriend. "Look outside."

Lena turned her head and saw the sun setting. "Thank you." She whispered.

"For what?"

"Everything."