A Not So Great Decision

(wait to play the music)

Lena was sitting up, half-under Kara's soft comforter. She was grateful Kara had moved her from the crappy bed she'd had to use. Lena still couldn't get around, but her health was improving.

She watched her girlfriend disappear into the bathroom to shower. As soon Lena heard the shower running she leaned over to the nightstand to grab her laptop. Kara hadn't let her use it since she had gotten shot because Kara was afraid that Lena would get sucked into the black hole of the malicious internet.

Lena was desperate to use her laptop and she finally had about half an hour to herself, so she considered it the perfect time. 

She took a few deep breaths and then typed her name in the search bar. In less than a second her screen flooded with a shit-ton of articles.

Normally, Lena would make smart decisions. This was definitely not one of them.

Kara changed into Lena's MIT sweater and a pair of comfortable shorts. When she smelled the sweater Kara smiled to herself and closed her eyes. It smelled like Lena, who smelled like soft lavender.

Kara got caught up in her thoughts, and then remembered that she'd left Lena alone.

Kara walked out of the bathroom and smiled at her girlfriend. Her smile disappeared quickly when she saw Lena reading something on her laptop while crying.

"Lena."

Lena looked up and quickly shut her computer and covered her face with her hands. "I'm sorry, Kar. I-I couldn't help it."

Kara sighed and climbed into the bed with Lena. "It's okay, Lee."

Lena's sad eyes met Kara's soft caring ones.

"Come 'ere." Kara whispered.

Lena buried her face in her sweater, that Kara was wearing, and sobbed. "They were so mean, and-and they called me a whore and a hideous and fat cow."

"Oh, baby." Kara ran her fingers through Lena's soft raven hair. "Why would you listen to them? Lena, you're the most beautiful and kindest person I know. These assholes are just trying to get to you."

Lena nodded and clung to Kara tightly, not planning on letting go.

"Kara?" Lena whispered.

"Yes, Lee?"

"Sing to me?"

Kara smiled, "Of course."

Kara quickly went through a list of songs in her head that she knew Lena loved, and decided on Rainbow (by - Kesha).

Kara started singing, and Lena lifted her head and met Kara's eyes again.

When Kara was finished singing, Lena rested her head on Kara's shoulder. "I love you so much."

"I love you more."

"I don't see how that would ever be possible. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Well it's a good thing we won't have to find out." Kara chuckled.