Lena Is A Softie

Kara was at the DEO talking to Winn about a robbery she'd just taken care of. "That guy was such an ass!" Winn complained.

"I know, like who threatens a child?"

Winn shrugged, "At least you saved the poor kid. He's probably traumatized by now."

Kara sat next to Winn and texted Lena.

Kara: What do you want to do for Christmas? We usually throw a party at Eliza's house.

Lena: That sounds lovely, Kara. But I'm afraid I won't be able to go. Sorry, love.

Kara's eyes widened, "I'll be back Winn."

~

"Lena, you are not staying home for Christmas." Kara said as she landed on the balcony of L-Corp in her super-suit.

"I'm not..." Lena said with her eyebrows furrowed together, as she turned away from her computer.

"Then where will you be? In your office?"

"Kara, lower your voice." Lena pressed her lips together.

"Sorry." Kara said quietly.

"Every Christmas I fly to Ireland, even though I despise planes, and visit an orphanage in Wicklow. I spend about a week with the children and give them gifts. It's kind of a tradition. I was hoping I wouldn't have to tell you about it."

"Oh, I'm sorry Lena. I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine. You haven't done anything wrong, but I have to go. I promised them." Lena turned back around and checked an email.

"I'm going with you." Kara declared.

"No, you love the holidays. I don't want to ruin it for you. You should spend it with your family." Lena shook her head while she read.

"You are my family." Kara smiled.

Lena reached back and held Kara's hand. "Spend Christmas with your family. Don't worry about me."

"I'm going, Lena. And if it makes you feel better, I'll invite all of our friends and they can come with us. We can spend Christmas there."

Lena's eyes widened, "Kara, going to the orphanage is something I prefer to do alone. At most I would go with three other people. I get you want me to stay, but these kids and I wait all year to see each other."

"Okay... I'll go with Alex and Maggie! Just the four of us. We can celebrate with Eliza when we get back."

"Kara really, I'll be fine on my own."

"You despise flying," Kara said with a raised eyebrow. "Don't even try to deny it."

"Alright, fine!" Lena rolled her eyes. "I guess you can come with me."

Kara squealed and hugged Lena tightly, maybe a bit too tight, and said 'thank you' over and over.