Six

Young Eunha

"I'm sorry." He said through the phone call.

"For what?" I asked, not knowing what he intended to.

"I think we better off this way, breaking up for our own good." There wasn't hesitation in his words, like he already prepared this since only God knows when.

It had been a week he hadn't call me or sent me message, but once he did, he dropped the bomb which ready to kill me.

I bit my lip hard, holding back my tears. I wanted to fight for our love but when he didn't want to, it means there's nothing left. There's no point to hold on someone who wants to leave.

"If that's what you want, I believe it's the best for us." I said, merely whisper.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm a real jerk. I hope you'll find someone else better than me." The clique break up lines which made me smiled in bitterness then put the phone line off as I realized it didn't matter anymore when he literally shoving me out from his life.

He chose to leave, no matter how hard I tried to convince him to stay.

I was in an on and off relationship with Hyuk for months, my young bold, the childish side of both of us, being apart with him thousands miles away, the horrible hours gap between Los Angeles and Seoul, constantly longing his presence, stressing for my own final exam as bachelor, his job that took all his mind and power. They were all like a petrol and fire that burned our relationship into ash and left me nothing.

Long distance relationship wasn't the main part of the reason to break up with me, it was the culture, my blood and his family's matter. 

Kwon Hyuk was born as half Korean, his father was American and divorced with Hyuk's mom when he was ten years old, leaving Hyuk on his mom's care until he graduated from college. His father wanted him to move back to Los Angeles, handing his only son to take care the company but with one condition; he can't date any Korean girl. His father's bitterness of marriage with Korean leaving Hyuk no choice.

He left Korea, settled his life in Los Angeles. And few weeks later after he broke up with me, he announced his new relationship with the beautiful American girl while my heart still bleeding from broken heart.

"It's fine, it's okay. I'm here for work." I said over and over, calming myself. After unintentionally bumped into Kwon Hyuk which turned out to be the same Mr. Kwon who worked with Kiseok for months even years ahead, I immediately bid goodbye to them and back to my room, not wanting to go out and sightseeing. 

I was still recovering myself from the shock until I jumped out from bed when someone knocked my door, I heard a voice calling my name.

Wiping my tears, I walked to the door to find Kiseok who was standing in front of my door. He was no longer in his suit, only khaki shorts blue navy Tshirt which still looked damn good on him.

"Am I coming in the wrong time?" It was his respond when I swung ny door open, he looked worried.

I froze on my spot, not expecting that Kiseok would be in front of my door instead of spending his days on meeting.

"Eunha?" He called me again when he didn't get any respond from me, "are you okay?"

"I- um- yes, I'm okay." I nodded, not wanting to add suspicion. He asked if I wanted to stay with him and Hyuk earlier for breakfast but I politely refused him, obviously he wasn't aware that I got shocked from finding my ex boyfriend was there.

"Do you want to go sightseeing? I'm free today, I thought it will be fun if we go together?" He asked carefully as if he afraid that I would say no.