Twenty

Jung Kiseok

I leaned on the metal wall of the elevator impatiently, waiting my turn to arrive at Kwon Hyuk's office floor. I was in a rush and haven't called him yet to check if he's presence in his office or not, but I guess he would be there. In this devastated state he will be there, thinking hard how to solve his problem inside his office.

After few minutes, elevator dinged and opened, revealing spacious floor with someone whom I'm pretty sure that Kwon Hyuk's secretary behind the desk, smiling at me.

"Good afternoon, may I help you, Sir?" she greeted politely once I reached her desk.

"Good afternoon, is Mr. Kwon at his office?" I asked, glanced at Hyuk's door office.

"Do you ha—" she paused her sentence when we heard noises from Kwon's thick wooden door office, it sounded like people were having arguments, no yelling sound and thing being thrown on the floor but I was sure the situation inside probably not so friendly. I can heard woman's voice from his room, then a realization hit me; couple fight. I cringed at my thoughts, making mental note for my self ; definitely not going to make Eunha upset, I don't know how to deal with woman's anger.

I looked at his secretary, pretending that I didn't hear anything and it made she get more embarrassed.

For once, I felt sympathy for Kwon Hyuk.

"I guess he's busy." I smiled at her bit she didn't smile back, her expression was stiff and the atmosphere between us was awkward.

We quickly whipped our neck at Kwon's door office direction when it swung open and Park Yuri came out seemed surprise to see me standing there.

"Mr. Jung?" it sounded like a question than greetings, Yuri's eyes were glassy and her cheeks were red, probably because she wiped her tears one her cheeks over and over.

"Hi, Miss Park." I smiled, trying to sound cool.

Don't mess with an angry and sad woman. 

"Mr. Kwon Hyuk is inside, if you want to meet him." She said before glaring at Kwon Hyuk's secretary then rushing to the elevator.

I swear she looked so scary.

-----

Kwon Hyuk

Did he hear everything?

My brain freeze for a moment when I saw Kiseok standing in front of my office door after Yuri got angry and left me. He sent me knowing look as if he said that he knew but he won't say anything about it, and I was so grateful for that.

"Do you want to drink?" I asked out of the blue, totally in confusion on what should I do to safe my face from his judgement,  about the work, the hotel, the project and also my fight which I assumed he heard it and he knew what's going on.

I noticed Kiseok was surprised too but then he nodded

"Sure."

----

The ride to favorite bar wasn't awkward and cold, we talked about few things, but I didn't know why he haven't said anything about me being so stupid and careless to handle his billions worth project.

We drank at my favorite bar, it was my fourth glasses and my head starting to feel light. My headache surprisingly gone and my good mood was coming back.

"The hotel construction will be continued.." I stated, sounded like promising.

Kiseok's eyebrow raised in confusion as if I said something crazy, "Pardon me?"

"The hotel, I will make sure it built as we planned. Just give me more time.."

"you know, Mr. Kwon—"

"Just call me Hyuk, no formality. I know you decided to keep quiet after witnessing my situation with Yuri and somehow I feel grateful you did it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, you know it's out of my control but I will solve the problem." I started babbling, maybe it's because the alcohol. But it helped me a lot, I can talk to Kiseok without losing my confidence.

"I appreciate your optimism, Hyuk. We'll see how it goes." He raised his glass of wine at me before drink all of it.

Now that I'm on my sixth glasses, I'm starting to feel sleepy and my vision felt so blurry. But I felt more relax and started to babbling something that I might regret later but I just don't care.

"I just canceled my wedding." I chuckled, wasn't sure which part is funny enough to be laughed of.

"What?" he looked at me in disbelief, "Oh shit." He commented.

"Yeah right, shit." I gave him thumbs up. "The wedding is shit, relationshit, fuck that happy marriage!"

"Both of you will back together soon."

"It's complicated."

"Once all this alcohol knock you out, you will realize you need her." He shook his had and laughed, "what's your favorite drink?" he asked as he poured himself more drink

"Bourbon." I grinned.

"No doubt, American." He nodded, pouring my glass with more drink.

"Can't help, I'm half American at all. How about yours?"

"Vodka." He replied in clipped tone, which made me wonder why his facial expression suddenly changed.

"Why?"

"Because Vodka is easy to swallow than the fact that she's not coming back."

----------

Jung Kiseok

I can't help but thinking about his half drunk or maybe drunk confession. He cancelled the wedding it's cancelled means no wedding. Kwon Hyuk is a free bastard, a single, a bachelor you named it,

Then will he be a threat for me? I believe he still has feeling for Eunha, I can tell because I am a guy and a guy can read other guy's behavior. Now that everything connected, I understand why his moods changing pretty quick when he saw Eunha, and I don't like it. Never.

But Eunha is with me, she's mine. We haven't give our relationship an official label yet, well it was me who haven't asked her to be my girlfriend  but we knows each other feeling, we share the same feeling. Moreover Eunha is enjoying every moment with me, she let me kiss her, touch her, she comforts me.

Then Hyuk isn't a threat. I concluded.

Everything between them was over since years ago, so his new status as a bastard bachelor wouldn't make any different.

Really? My subconscious mind mocked.

What will Eunha do when she learn this news?

And for the first time I will admit that I never feel so damn worry and terrified like this before.