Seven

Kwon Hyuk

"Are you okay?" Yuri's hand squeezed me gently on my arm.

"I'm okay." I took her hand then held it reassuringly. I wasn't in the mood to talk, I just wanted to go home and sleep it off.

"You're too quiet, is everything okay?" She looked at me, feeling unconvinced by my words. She did notice that the whole ride from our dinner at restaurant near the beach until we reach her house, I was deadly quiet.

"It's fine, baby. Everything is alright, maybe I'm just tired." I gave her kiss on top of her head, "Let's call it night, I'll walk you to the door." 

I got off from the car and helped her climb off, then I walked her to her door. After saying goodnight and kissed her forehead, I turned back to my car and drove home.

I knew she wanted to say something but she decided to let it off this time, she knew I needed space and she gave me.

If only she knew what was all about, I thought it was best to keep it as secret the fact that I met my ex-girlfriend. Yuri was the type of girl who easy to get jealous and I couldn't let her lashing out, doing something stupid and made everything worse. The project must be started even if I have to sacrifice. 

Though I knew it was never easy to ignore Eunha's presence. I shared a lot of memories with her back then, how could I pretended to didn't know her?

----

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Kwon.."

Mr. Kwon.. I snorted, remembering the scene at the hotel's restauran this morning. Damn her for pretending that she didn't know me as if we never met before.

I thought I would never meet her again after four years separated and now suddenly she appeared, universe must be kidding me.

I played along with her scenario, shaking her hand and introducing myself formally as her boss's work partner. I learned that Mr. Jung probably had no idea at all about me and his personal assistant.

Somehow I felt that she avoiding me by rejected Kiseok's offer to have breakfast together, she couldn't even bear in the same room as me and it really bothered me.

Does she hates me that much?

Kiseok was also looked too concern on her condition though, I felt that he decided to continue the meeting tomorrow so he can check what's going on with Eunha. He surely saw Eunha's expression, she looked pale.

Talking about Kiseok, I personally dislike his interaction with Eunha. There's something between them and I didn't like it which I didn't know why.

I leant deeper on my seat, sighing deeply. I was okay and great back then but not anymore since this morning when I saw her brown eyes looking at me in shock. Nothing much has changed in her, she only looked more mature and beautiful which made my heart uneasy.

Closing my eyes, I recalled what happened at this evening. I was moody all afternoon but had to put it under my skin because I didn't want Yuri to find out anything about my past, feeling guilty for hiding my old self, I took her to go the beach which made her excited like a school girl. She was smiling and giggling, showing her affection on me.

Just when I was waiting her to choose the menu, I spotted Kiseok not far away from where I was. He looked confused that's why I called him to join me and Yuri but I regretted right away when I saw Eunha peeking behind him.

Another awkwardness and it's gonna be long yet exhausting dinner.

----