Twenty Two

Kwon Hyuk

“I will try to make this happen Mr. Kwon and Mr. Jung.” The Governor of Busan promised, finally my team could convince the Governor to help us after long and hard negotiation. He promised me and Kiseok to not ban the construction though we have land legalization problem, just like the other greedy politicians, with the assurance that I will support him for his campaign, this old and greedy man wasn't wasting time to say yes.

Feed them with more money and they will gladly help you.

Business it’s never far from politics and power.

“I’d like to hear more, Sir.” I grinned, shaking his hand.

“Everything under control, Mr. Kwon.. I know you father, James Marshall. I owe him.” He smiled then looked at Kiseok, “And who doesn’t know the famous Big Jung Corporation? This country owed him a lot, especially Busan. So there’s no way I stay still and doing nothing when both of you got in trouble.”

Kiseok grinned like a child, “Now we owe you a lot, Sir.”

“We’re even, gentlemen. Think about I return the favour.”

“That's really wonderful, hank you for your time, I guess I will wait your call then?”

“Don’t worry, I will take care of it, now you can go home and enjoy your youth while you're still young.” He tapped my shoulder and did the same with Kiseok’s then laughed, sending us off from his office.

We were walking in silent until we reached the elevator. When we were inside the elevator going down to the lobby, Kiseok and I looked at each other as we thought the same thing.

“I’ll watch his move.”

“You do know how to play the game, Hyuk.” Kiseok nodded in saisfication.

----

After long weeks of drama and sleepless night,  today I could come home early after the meeting with Kiseok, I planned on doing some workout and then play with my x-box while drinking a wine. I deserve game and wine to celebrate even though just a little, I still need to keep my eyes on Governor. He may said he help us but we are all know he help himself to take more power and money, I’m sure someday he will stand against me and Kiseok when he no longer need us.

What a prick! Let’s see how good he plays his game.

I almost had heart attack when I felt someone back hug me as soon as I walked to my living room.

I knew whose hands they were.

“Oppa, I miss you.” Yuri said, while she tightened her hug, placing the side of her head closer on my back.

Goodbye xbox and wine.      

“Yuri—”

“You haven’t changed your code, it’s still my birthday.”

I just don't have time to change my apartment code.

“Then I will change it, after sending you home.” I loosened her hug, freeing myself.
Now we stood face to face.

“Have you eaten?” I asked, she looked so pale and skinny than before.

“I don’t need food, I’m not hungry.”

“You look so pale.”

“This is what you want, you want to punish me. Yes I get it, I know my mistakes, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t say those things to you, I should have encourage you—”