Twenty Four

Kwon Hyuk

I didn't believe myself at first when I saw a glimpse of Eunha across of the groceries aisle, I thought I was just hallucinating, seeing her there, focusing on checking things on the shelves.

But when I walked closer, I knew it was really her. I started to change my mind when I forced myself to do not so fun grocery shopping earlier. I always hate shopping and since I broke up with Yuri now I have to do it myself.

I needed to talk to her.
Fuck the grocery shopping.

That was I thought while abandoning my trolley to approach her. Just like what she used to do, standing in front of the shelves, mumbling to herself as if she's discussing which one that she has to take. Always too focus and sometimes not aware with her surroundings.

Just three more feets away I could touch her but suddenly she turned around and accidentally bumped to my chest.

"Sorry--" she looked up and those pair of brown eyes met mine.

---

The owner of glittery finger nails were busy stirring hot chocolate as her cheeks puffing for no reason, not that I'm complaining. It was her habit and still, I'm just amazed that nothing much have changed about her except she's skinnier and more mature in her appearance.

She's beautiful and I felt some pang in my chest when I thought of her.

I didn't think she would say yes when I asked her to talk, though I read the puzzled look on her face. Probably thinking how the hell I suddenly appear in front of her.

But now here we are, in a nearby coffee shop with two dark chocolate doughnuts, hot chocolate and ice americano, just like what we used to order since we were in college.

"I thought you're in Seoul." I finally said after long silence between us, because I was too busy looking at her closely.

She looked up from her hot chocolate and looked at me with her brown eyes which actually not that brown if you look at them carefully, they're more like copper against honey and they're much prettier under the sunlight.

"I came back almost two weeks ago." She answered, nothing vengeful in her tone. It was normal, too normal for my liking.

Kiseok never mentioned that he's here with Eunha, probably because we were too busy fixing things, going from one meeting to another. And it would be weird to bringing Eunha up in our conversation.

"Until when?"

"I don't know, maybe until Mr. Jung tell me to go back." She said, reaching for her doughnut then took a bite.

"How long have you been working with him?" This was my curiosity, they looked comfortable to each other.

Correction; too comfortable.

"I was working for his father more than three years and then working with him after the old Mr. Jung rest in peace, ummm.. almost a year."

"You're not dating him, are you?"

She stopped chewing and looked at me with murdered eyes.

What?

I looked at her back, talking through my eyes.

"It's not your business." She glared at me before take a sip of her hot chocolate, but little that she knew, I noticed her cheeks blushed hard.

I knew something happen between them, but not something that I couldn't interfere. It's too soon to call it love and I can use it as my chance.

"Okay, sorry." I nodded, I decided to become friend first with her. Make her feel comfortable with me is my first step.