Twelve

Jung Kiseok

"Package for you, Sir." I was greeted by my maid when I came home. 

I received the package and immediately recognized whose hand writing on the package.

"She was here?" I asked, mentally cringed when I thought she was here and met my mom instead of me.

"Yes, Sir." 

I looked at her and expected more information, "And?"

"Mrs. Jung refused to let her in, Miss Kim fought back but then she finally gave in. So she gave this package and begged to deliver it for you." 

Miss Kim?
Why did she use her family name?

I mentally scoffed.

"Thank you." I nodded and brought the package with me, leaving my suitcase at living room.

"You're very welcome, Sir." She bowed deeply and left me.

Clara Kim.

She came back, after leaving me broken.

I wanted to throw away the package but in the end I decided to not do it. I just curious with her motive to finally back to Korea and even bring package for me, personally. Because as I remembered, two years ago I stupidly flew to Germany and begged to meet her but the answer was definitely a no.

Not even one message or hi.

I was so drowned in heartbreaking and I couldn't thinking straight. I begged her to not break up with me, like a lost and mad puppy. Okay, I admitted that I was fool when it comes to love.

I ripped off the package impatiently and bunch of things came out from the package and fell to the bed. There were so many of them; chocolates. My favorite Germany's chocolate; Milka. More packs of Jack Daniel's chocolate bar.

There was a letter in it and I read it right away:

I know you didn't want to meet me, but please give me chance to talk to you. I'll move to Korea for good and I hope we'll meet soon.

I believe I'm still your favorite,
Clara.

I sighed.

Clara; she was perfect, just like any other guy could dream of. Beautiful, smart, funny and really knows how to maintain her beauty. She was my ex fiancee, well not officially.. Because I didn't propose her formally and personally, it was only topic that we brought up back then but I did gave her promise ring, five carats of diamond ring. And yes, I was considering to marry her as soon as I graduated from my master degree. We were dating since we were in the high school, I spent eight years of my life to love her. She was the reason I kept going back and forth from California to Germany, I always found the way to visit her due my college pressure. I loved her and she was worth more than anything.

But when my dad's health getting worse and I started to take over his business, it was the time I felt she slipped off from my hand. I changed the routine from flying from California to Germany became flying from California to Korea.

She kept saying she was busy and how hates a long flight whenever I asked her to come to Korea because I wasn't able to visit her due my work.

And I was being too naive, believing all her excuse until one day an invitation came to my desk along with the promise ring that I gave her.

It was her wedding invitation with one of royal from Germany, who I knew that bastard so well. He was her so called bestfriend at college and I was too blind and dumb to realize that.