Ten

Young Eunha

I felt my heart beat actually skipped for moments when he reached out of me and pulled me to his embrace. I was so sad but the hug made me feeling the nervousness instead of the sadness.

The hug was so comforting and I didn't want to let it go. Kiseok was so gentle and kind to make me feel better, I wondered if he does his kindness to any other girl as well.

His girlfriend must be so lucky to have a gentleman like him.

My cheeks felt hot when I remembered that I was literally hugging him and crying on his chest, I was sure his shirt was damp and had stain of my mascara. 

Why did I even do that?

So embarrassing.

When I stopped sobbing, he released me from his hug but still had his hands holding my arm while his other hand wiped my tears traces on my cheek.

There was something in my stomach when his thumb brushed my cheek, a strange feeling, something exciting yet scaring me at the same time.

Then he told me to go to my room, take a rest, have warm shower or do whatever I wanted to do.

He gave me space.

Which I was grateful for that, he didn't pester me about what's happened either which made me more thankful. He was so sweet and caring, I didn't even know that he actually has this soft side.

I was currently on my bed, curling in a ball under my blanket. I already had shower and deciced to get some sleep, trying to not thinking about Hyuk.

But I couldn't.

Yuri was a Korean, just like me. It was something that I realized today; he broke his father's rule.

If only we could fight little longer, if only we could be patient for couple of years, maybe I was in Yuri's position now. But when I rethink everything again, it came into conclusion that itwas better this way. I was more like losing myself when I'm with him, I took him for granted, I hurt him, we hurt each other. Going back with him wasn't going to fix anything.

Our relationship already broken years ago and it wasn't anyone's fault. It just happened like the way it should be, the distance that suddenly separating us, my childish act, his insecurity, our ego, they were signs that me and Hyuk wasn't meant to br.

It was bitter but bearable.

My body felt so week so I decided to take a nap until dinner time, Kiseok said he would be there to have dinner with me. I have the feeling that he said that because he pitied me and I was his cousin's bestfriend and I wasn't even complaining if it was the truth, his way to comfort me was enough to prove how nice of him. And I planned to tell him what happened between Hyuk and I tonight, I didn't want to br called unprofessional. So I thought that telling him the truth and promise I'd stay professional was the best decision.

A small smile formed on my lips before I fell in deep slumber, sleeping.

------

Jung Kiseok

"They were a couple goals back then, sweet, smart, good looking, intellectual and the list could go on." Yoona rambled and I could only silent on the other phone line.

I didn't know why but wondering how they were being couple goals back then really bother me. So I didn't say anything to Yoonw or I'd regret it later.

"Did she look sad or upset for something reason?" She asked again.

"Why did they break up?" I asked, more like curious. If it was Hyuk's fault then I wanted to break his jaw and maybe couple of his ribs. 

"It's very personal question, oppa." Yoona said firmly, I knew they have been loyal to each other but Yoona already spilled Eunha's secret and I wanted to help or maybe peeking little bit of Eunha's life.

The urge to beat the crap out of Hyuk was really tempting though.

"Come on, you can't just spilled her past and expect me to do nothing. I'm thinking to send her back to Seoul if this is too much for her to handle, I don't want personal things mixed up with professionalism at work." I reasoned.

"You and your heart of business."

"Tell me." I said, deep and clear.

"I don't know who's fault, but probably because they were young and reckless back then, long distance was suck, their egos, or the fact that Hyuk's father didn't accept Eunha."

The last part of Yoona's word got me.

"His father? James Marshall? But why?" I knew about his father, he was well known back then in USA and he always give his speech in any occasion at my university, we shared the same alma mater; UCLA. And the university was so fond of their noble alma mater, Hyuk's father, The Marshall Construction founder.

"He banned Hyuk for dating Korean due his stupid reason, how could he became so illogical. Just because his marriage didn't work out with Korean woman, it doesn't mean that same thing will happen to his dear son." Yoona sounded angry and I could relate why.

"Childish much." I commented.

"He threatened to not giving Hyuk the company."

"That bad?" I asked in disbelief.

"You tell me." I knew she was rolling her eyes though I couldn't see her now.

"But at least they could try, Hyuk can fight for their love, right?" I dug more.

"He's not you who will do anything for love and not giving shit to whatever people's talking about, which I found it so romantic but also blind and stupid at the same time, my dear brother.." she groaned, "But back to this asshole again, Hyuk or whatever you call him. Instead of telling Eunha the truth, he decided to follow his dad's will, dating an American right after he broke up with Eunha and acted like nothing happen."

"But his fiancee is Korean." I recalled his fiancee, Yuri. She was Korean as I remembered.

"His father already passed away, does it necessary to follow the dead person's rule?" She said sarcastically.

"Make sense." I agreed.

-----

I was sure that something happened in the meeting but I didn't have heart to force Eunha telling me everything. She was so sad and the fact that we hugged each other plus I kissed her hair more than few times were only adding weird tension between us.

I felt myself so giddy when I think about it. 

She was so tinny and her body was so perfect in my arms, plus her hair smelled good and smooth when stroke them. And I could hold her for hours.

I was about to take a shower before taking Eunha to dinner, but my phone chimed, indicating that I have message.

A very familiar name and phone number sent me text:

I'm back, where are you? They said you aren't in Seoul.

And I decided to ignore it.