Chapter 18- Diamond Ring

Mia's POV

I barge into each door, in hopes to find Liam. He seemed hurt when he heard about me being Ashton's wife. I'm not even his freaking wife! I keep looking into each doors, and there were a lot. You know the amount of rooms a castle has? Yeah, something like that.

A hand slightly touched my shoulder, making me look behind startled, "Ms. Mia, you seem lost. May I help you?" The butler, Alexander asks.

"Yeah. Can you tell me where Liam's room is?" He looked confused, but then his eyes lit up, as if suddenly remembering what I'm talking about. "Please follow this way Ms." He walks towards a door which was five doors further than my room. Ok ok, Ashton's room.

But I checked there too, didn't I? Never mind, I don't even know if I did, all the doors in here are similar.

He opens the door and moves aside to let me enter before closing the door. Liam came out of no where half naked. "Mia, what are you doing here?"

"Can't I talk to my best friend?" I ask and he scoffs,

"Oh now you wanna talk to me? Now you can sacrifice your precious time to talk to me? Couldn't you do that to at least inform me that you're fucking married? He lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Wait Liam, let me explain from the top."

"Please do."

We both sat on the bed and I start speaking, explaining him from the part I met Ashton in the store, to the point where I ran away from him. He looks at me with an expression I couldn't really read. He places his hand on my cheek, "all of this happened with you, and you didn't even tell me?" He asks,

"I'm sorry L, I didn't want you to worry."

"Well at least you're safe." He says and I smile, "now, I need to take care of some matters with this Ashton dude." He stood up to leave the room, but I caught his wrist in time.

"You don't need to Liam, now that I'm his 'wife', I'll make his life a living hell." I said and smirk, making Liam smirk with me too.

I leave the room and walk down the marble stairs to find the kitchen, because I and food, are an inseparable couple. I look around like a lost puppy, in hopes to find someone who would lead me through this maze to the kitchen.

Calista walks towards me, "Mia dear, are you trying to find something."

"Umm yeah, I was trying to find the kitchen but I'm obviously lost." I said truthfully,

"No problem, I'll take you there." She says and starts walking with me. "So-" she starts, "-where did you and Ashton meet? And how did y'all fall in love?"

So I met Ashton in a souvenir store I work at, and then he kidnapped me because I apparently saw him with a gun and a knife. This explains how we met. Oh and about love, he just made me his wife in a hotel reception in front of a receptionist. Yeah, that's our story.

I really wanna say that.

"We met in a souvenir store-" true, "-and from there he started flirting a lot-" lie, "-and then he just asked me to go out for lunch, and I agreed. From there we just went to many dates and then one day, he was on his knee, proposing to me with a beautiful diamond ring. We got married the next day!" I finish,

Such huge lies. I'm a pro at this, because she seemed to buy this story.

"Really? I didn't know my son was capable of that. I mean sure he brought in many girls day by day-" player, "-but this time he just married someone, and I'm proud of his choice." I smile,

"And yeah, can I see the ring?"

Fuck!

******

Calista wants to see the ring? What will Mia show her now? If I was Mia I would've just... never mind, I can't do anything. Comment and vote;)

Quote:"The closer you think you are, the less you'll actually see."
- J. Daniel Atlas

Sending love your way
HappyWatermelonKid•