ch. II -- I adore... You?

Flashback

Kate was in no mood to realize her own surroundings.

She reluctantly followed behind Lucifer when she got out of the car.

'I should have gone home...' Kate thought briefly sniffling behind the Devil.

"Are you alright?" Lucifer quickly turned around to look at the girl.

"Don't you talk to me!" Kate spat at Him and stopped instantly to stare daggers at Him.

"Are you seriously going to make a scene in middle of a street?" Maze rolled her eyes.

"I don't even know why am I HERE!!!" Kate said enraged.

"Because you promised me." Lucifer hissed at her annoyed by her recent outbursts.

"Then I was wrong to promise you that." Kate answered in offended tone.

"Take me away, Maze." Kate asked the demon while still staring at the Devil.

Was it hurt or His broken ego flashing behind His eyes there for a second?

Kate had no intention to linger on it.

Maze looked questioningly at the Devil.

"Take her to penthouse. Lux should be empty by now." Lucifer sighed and went back to the car.

†††

Since that talk six days had passed. Six days locked in guest bedroom.

"Can we talk?" there was occasional knock on the door from Lucifer.

"No." Kate mumbled.

With a sigh Devil wanted to continue but another voice chided:

"Come on, Lucifer! We have a case!"

"Give me a moment, Detective!" Lucifer called back.

"I'm leaving for a while, going to be back later. Maze is downstairs." Lucifer stated.

Kate didn't answer.

"Are you coming or not?" the voice from moments chided again.

"Yes, of course." Kate could make out Devil's voice retracting from door.

†††

Kate remembered first preposition about therapist.

She denied it.

Kate remembered first meeting with Lucifer's therapist.

She didn't want to go.

She cried yelling at Lucifer that she is okay, that she's fine. Her broken sobs saying the opposite.

"If you don't talk with me, then at least try with Linda." Lucifer said gently pushing Kate in the doctor's office.

"Lucifer, your presence is not needed here. The sessions are private." Doctor Linda Martin explained looking at the Devil.

"But I need to know if she's alright." Lucifer said looking behind at Kate who was sitting on a sofa in Linda's office.

"She's sitting here, well and breathing, that surely must count for something. And if you please, now could you--" Linda wanted to usher Him out but Lucifer continued.

"That's not enough, I have realized that lately."

"We will talk about it when your appointment is due, Lucifer." Linda said and pushed Him towards the door.