ch. XXI -- Psalm 91:11

For He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;  

Psalm 91:11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stop." Lucifer said grabbing one of angel's hands. Not even alarmed angel calmly looked at the Devil that held it's hand.

"No interfering." Angel answered in soft tone and gently pulled hand free.

"Her good days are spent. But have faith." That was the response that any angel would give but it quite didn't work for Devil.

"Good days? Have faith?" Lucifer furrowed eyebrows and watched how angel took a step away from bed.

"Have faith." Angel simply repeated. They weren't supposed to talk at all.

Next second Kate's heart monitor flat-lined and Lucifer screamed Kate's name.

"She loved you, and you were killing her." Angel said reaching out to take Kate's hand.

"I was protecting her!" Lucifer screamed, His eyes full with tears and flaming red, lips trembling. Angel didn't show any emotions. Lucifer turned back to Kate, pleading and asking her to come back. When He turned around to face angel again to threaten it, He was met with another Kate.

"Katherine?" Lucifer whispered confused. He had never witnessed a soul going to Heaven. Kate was dressed in short white flowing dress, her feet bare, skin fair as it could be, and hands feeling dangling at her sides, her dark chocolate hair was flowing freely down her back and shoulders in straight strands. But to top it all, her eyes were tired shut with white slick fabric as not to see the way to Heaven.

"Where am I?" Kate softly asked upon hearing Lucifer's voice.

"Am I dead?" Kate whispered next, not able to see.

"You're fine." Lucifer answered in trembling voice. How do you tell one that they are dead? Lucifer stepped closer to Kate but angel silently stepped in-between.

"You cannot take her." Lucifer hissed at the soul-bringer.

"Take me where?" Kate answered and shook her head. No one answered her question.

"Lucifer?" Kate whispered Devil's name.

"I am still here." Lucifer shushed her and sent angel besides her a deadly glare.

"She can't leave!" Lucifer growled at divine. "She stays here."

"I'm afraid I cannot allow that." Angel answered. Kate's head snapped at sound of other voice.

"Who else is in here?" she whimpered. She had no idea what was going on.

Angel didn't say anything, gently grabbing Kate's hand he walked closer to door.

"No!" Lucifer stepped closer ready to reach for Kate's hand when Angel with-out hesitation pulled out a sharp shiny dagger with golden hilt. Probably blessed by the God and carved out by Michael.

"The Spirit of the Lord, the Spirit of God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, the Most Holy Trinity, the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Angels, the Archangels, and all the Saints in Heaven, I order you to step back." Angel didn't miss a beat. He was calm, but the outstretched hand with Angel Blade told otherwise.

"Don't hurt Him!" Kate pleaded when she heard the sound of unsheathing blade. She pulled on angel's hand as if to get away.

"Shush child, we need be moving." Angel whispered in her ear, eyes glued at the Devil. With a small nod towards Devil, angel suddenly disappeared with Kate, only leaving white feather behind.

"Kate!" Lucifer screamed storming out of ward. He had pretty good idea where she was taken to.

Thank you for reading! Every comment and vote is much appreciated!

Thank you for 40+k reads on my first Lucifer book!!!