ch. XXII -- Demise through clouds.

Kate felt gush of wind ruffling her long hair.

"Where am I?" Kate asked. Angel besides her didn't answer. Moments later she felt soft hands untying the blindfold around her eyes. At first, she was blinded by the white light. The light that people tell that they see at the end of tunnel. It's not the tunnel they see when they die. It's the last time they see the clear sky before leaving.

"Take a close look before you go." Angel answered idly walking around the rooftop.

"Where am I going?" Kate asked. Angel looked at her. He didn't understand why she had so many questions. No one usually did.

"You'll see." He opt to answer.

"Will it hurt?" Kate turned around to look at the angel, observing his graceful movements.

"Look at the sky, child." Angel stopped it's pacing.

"Like I haven't seen the sky." Kate mumbled turning back around and staring at the sun. Moments later she felt the angles presence next to her again. His soft hand gently laid in her back and guided her closer to the ledge. She didn't fight back but only continued to look up at the sun. She didn't need to squint or shield her eyes, in fact it was welcoming brightness. Kate didn't even hear the door to rooftop open.

"Go away." Kate heard the angel say in calm voice.

"Who are you talking to?" Kate asked and turned to look at angel. He smiled gently at her and raised his hands to put back the blindfold. Angel had no intention to have Kate see the Devil as the last thing of Earth.

"Stop right there!" Came Lucifer's voice from somewhere behind. Even with the blindfold on, Kate turned at the source of the voice.

"Lucifer? Where is he taking me?" Kate asked, raising her hands in front of herself as if to reach for the Devil.

"You cannot interfere." Angel stated, once again pointing his blade at the Devil.

"That doesn't mean that I won't." Lucifer answered surely and stepped closer.

"Not a step closer Wicked One! The Earth has already witnessed your temptations and your serpents and dragons enough!" Angel continued in steady tone and wrapped his left hand around Kate.

"Are you really going to get all Biblical on me?" Lucifer narrowed His eyes at him and continued to step closer.

"Are you going to kill me like you already did of your sweet brother, Samael?" Angel questioned, making Devil pause in His step.

"Don't call me that." Lucifer answered and continued to step closer once again.

"It is your name, is it not?" Angel smiled, pulling Kate closer and stepping backwards closer to the edge of the hospital's roof with Kate.

"So you think you'll just fly off with her?" Lucifer took on different approach.

"Not fly off." Angel smiled but it fell alongside his blade upon seeing Lucifer bare His white wings.

"There back..." Angel mumbled, eyes wide.

"They always come back." Lucifer grinned at the angel's expression.

"Let her go. Or I'll rip you apart." Lucifer side glanced for a second and then smiled, baring His teeth.

"Never." Angel hissed and taking another step back fell backwards off the roof with Kate in his hands. Way too familiar of Kate falling off the buildings, Lucifer was after both of them and in passing snatched angel's blade.

Kate didn't feel a thing. She felt weightless as if she was the one with the wings. If only she could just reach up and the blindfold off. She started to trash in angel's arms, at least enough to free her hand and take off the piece of fabric covering her eyes. And as soon as she was freed from its constricting ways, she was met with white clouds. Soft, looking like cotton candy. All the pinks and yellows and purples and reds of sun playing together in to the kaleidoscope of colors that had taken the shape of the clouds. The light breeze blowing in her face and letting her take a deep breath of vast space around them. 

"Why did you take it off?" Angel asked in soft tone, but seemed out of breath.

"Are you alright?" Kate asked and turned her head to look angel in the face. She was met with white kind eyes, small smile, but the oddest part was, that liquid akin to blood in consistency yet in shimmering gold, was dripping form he angel's mouth. She reached up touching his face, coating her hand in the golden blood.

"Another lost soul..." Angel whispered softly and smiling upon her, kissed her head, leaving golden kiss on her forehead.

"Oh my God..." Kate's eyes grew big and angel's wings stuttered as his eyes rolled back. His hold on her loosening as both of them fell to their demise through clouds.

Helllooo in the New Year

Helllooo in the New Year.  Thank you for being patient and putting up with my irregular updates! I am sorry for all the grammar errors I have made, I don't have a beta reader so just don't kill me. But please enjoy this chapter that quickly is making it to the finish line of the story. AND OMG, THANK YOU FOR 85K+ READS ON THE FIRST BOOK AND 36K+ FOR THE SECOND ONE!!! I LOVE YOU AND OWN EVERYTHING TO YOU, MY SWEET AND DEAR READERS!!! <3<3<3

 AND OMG, THANK YOU FOR 85K+ READS ON THE FIRST BOOK AND 36K+ FOR THE SECOND ONE!!! I LOVE YOU AND OWN EVERYTHING TO YOU, MY SWEET AND DEAR READERS!!! <3<3<3

I don't mind dying for you  ➳| Lucifer MorningstarOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara