ch. IV -- Don't shoot her!

Quickly closing the lid of the piano with a sound of random keys being smashed in a process, Kate shot up from piano bench.

"Stay, here. I think you have company." Kate heard someone say.

And seeing blond haired woman standing on top of the stairs frightened Kate at first. And making a mad dash for the bar, Kate hid behind it.

"Don't shoot her, Detective!" Kate could hear Lucifer's voice.

"You know her?" Chloe asked lowering her gun and descending down the stairs.

"Of course. Look what you have done, you frightened her." Lucifer chided and made His way to the bar.

"Katherine?" Lucifer whispered. And by the sound of His voice, Kate could tell He was close. Looking up from her sitting position on the floor behind the bar she saw Lucifer smiling down at her while leaning across the counter top.

"What?!" she hissed at Him silently but soon after sighed and let her head fall down back on her knees.

"You scared me..." she whispered not looking up.

"Then don't sneak around." Lucifer chuckled still looking down at her.

"Come on, you need to meet Detective." Lucifer said straightening back.

"I am in my pj's." Kate huffed.

"It's not like you are naked." Lucifer shot back smiling.

For Chloe, the scene looked kind of funny; it looked as if Lucifer was talking to bar not the person behind it.

"I don't want to..." Kate mumbled but stood up either way. At first she thought that she will see this Detective, but no, she was met with Lucifer's brown eyes looking at her in kind way.

"Oh, hush, you look amazing." Lucifer smiled at her and stretched His hand towards her as if to lead her around the bar.

Kate merely looked at it and stood her ground, only pulling her cardigan closer around herself and pulled the sleeves over her knuckles.

"I wouldn't stand behind the bar if I wouldn't be in my pj's." Kate said lauder clearing her throat.

"It's okay." Chloe said. To admit, she was quite surprised by the girl standing there. Small brunette, around her early twenties, with bright, kind eyes. Did Lucifer now snagged this young girls too? Chloe thought for a second.

"Detective, meet Katherine." Lucifer smiled at both ladies.

"I'm Chloe, the Detective as Lucifer puts it, which makes sense since I work at LAPD." Chloe rambled, then smiled at the girl and stretched out her hand over the bar. Oh great... a cop..

"Nice to meet you, Chloe. Kate." Brunette shook Detective's hand.

"And I am so sorry that I thought you were some kind of an intruder moments ago." Chloe apologised.

"It's quite alright." Kate smiled and taking a deep breath putted one strand of hair behind her ear.

"Are you new here?" Chloe asked. Did everybody know that she was new somewhere when she travelled? The same was with Julie.

'I don't want to remember her.' Kate thought briefly.

"Yes." Kate managed out a smile.

"Oh, welcome. I hope that you'll enjoy your time here." Chloe smiled at Kate.

"Yes, thank you." Kate answered shyly.

"And won't you look at that? Not even a word from you, Lucifer." Chloe looked at the Devil and laughed. Kate briefly glanced at Him and in instant looked away hugging herself because it seemed that He was looking at her this whole time.

"Hm?" Lucifer turned to Chloe.

"Oh! I just like listening to her." He smiled soon after and said as if it wasn't weird. Chloe raised questioning eyebrow.

"May I go?" Kate whispered before Lucifer could explain why. She didn't want to hear it, but her broken heart wanted to.

"Of course, darling." Lucifer smiled sweetly at Kate. Chloe only rolled her eyes and took a seat at one of the nearby tables. Kate used this moment to turn to go to elevator.

Before the doors could close and bring her back up, Lucifer stopped it.

"Katherine?" He asked. Kate only looked in His general direction, saying nothing.

"You are still angry at me?" Lucifer asked small pout on His pink lips.

"Just because I was talking to her doesn't mean that I am not mad, you being there was just coincidence." Kate answered in flat tone and pushed the button of the lift again.

With a small nod Lucifer turned around to walk back to His partner in crime- quite literally.

Ride up to penthouse was quite thought-full for Kate.

Right now, Kate hated to meet new people. Last piece of her trust have been broken by Julie. She doesn't want to be used like that again. Never.

She doesn't want to remember any of it.

"There it is again..." Kate mumbled in shaky voice and leaned against closest wall.

Lately the anxiety has been hitting her hard.

I feel ya, Kate! Anxiety is a bitch! Especially if you are a biopolar such as I am

I am so sorry that I haven't update in some time, but I really hope that you enjoyed this chapter. Right now I cannot tell you when I will update next. BUT the fact that people actually reads this, keeps me going, so thank you!

 BUT the fact that people actually reads this, keeps me going, so thank you!