ch. XIX -- This kind of living could kill.

All she could hear was her own soul shattering scream.

All she could see was the light pavement that was approaching her faster and faster.

And somehow all that pavement that was about to crush her skull in pieces and end her misery turned into something white. She wasn't sure what it was, but suddenly she didn't feel at thing.

Reopening her eyes she was greeted by harsh white light. Her sight intruded with static pattern. Floor tiles? White floor tiles? What was happening?

Gently shaking her head Kate raised her eyes up. Lengthy corridors. They felt familiar, way too familiar.

'Oh no, no, no.' she thought briefly. She tried to walk away but two men were dragging her by her hands.

"No, I am alright! I'm fine!" she heard herself yell.

Whipping her head around where she remembered her mother and father was walking behind her she saw completely different person.

"Mom, dad! Tell them!" she yelled but her eyes stayed glued to Lucifer walking behind her couple steps away.

"But honey, it's just for a little while." Her dad had answered, him and her mother walking around Lucifer as if He wasn't even there. Right?

Looking back forward, Kate saw receptionist behind desk and fence wall. Her drowsy eyes darted to a radio and the sound crackling through it:

~I'm in too deep

You're the fix I've come to need

Ooh no, look what you've done to me~

"Katherine Andrews." Kate's father stated.

"Yes. I'll get the doctor in a moment. But you can take her to ward #503." Receptionist answered. And with that Kate as dragged further away.

~You caught me off guard

Then tore my world apart

Ooh no, this thing has gone too far

It's too late

I can't escape~

Why was this so familiar? Except that Lucifer was here. Passing a mirror in waiting room Kate looked at herself.

Her straight dark brown hair was cascading down her back and her eyes puffy and drowsy. But the most shocking part was that she was only seventeen years old.

Ahh, so this was a memory.

That evening she was putted in rehabilitation centre after her psychiatrist couldn't handle her anymore. Being under heavy tranquilization medicine, Kate was barely standing up.

"She'll be alright. We'll take care of her here." Male doctor said catching up with her parents.

~Only a devil like you

Could make me sin like I do

I've got a weakness~

Kate's head lulled backwards and she started at the ceiling. With droopy smile on her face she was dragged in the ward and sat on bed. Her mother was crying. At this point Kate didn't understand why. She didn't even understand why almost everyone was dressed in white. And she clearly didn't understand why there was a dude in suit standing in doorway. Sitting upon bed with crossed legs, with stupid grin on her face, Kate raised up her chin and with straight hand pointed at the doorway.

~I am a fool

For a devil

For a devil like you

For a devil like you~

Everyone turned to look at the doorway just to find it empty.

"He's here..." Kate whispered.

"Oh, sweetie!" Kate's mother cried.

'Katherine.' Devil gently called her. Girl's eyes drifted from her mother to Him.

Cocking her head to the side she raised her eyebrow.

With long calculated strides Lucifer made His way to stand in front of her.

~You're guilty, as charged

My soul bares the marks

Ooh no, I'm just as bad as you are~

"Heyy...." Kate dragged out biting her lip as her eyes raised up meeting Devil's.

"What is wrong with her doctor?" Kate's dad asked as everyone observed how Kate was talking to nothingness.

Maybe she was under way too many seductives or really losing her mind because right now it might as well look that she was trying to flirt with her own consciousness.

Lucifer didn't say anything only stared at her for a moment. Everyone else just saw hoe Kate's eyes looked up at something. Lifting His finger to His lips Lucifer curtly nodded and indicated for her to stay quiet. Slowly stepping closer to her, Lucifer putted His hand on her forehead and stood behind her.

'Sleep, Katherine.' He mumbled and gently laid Kate back on bed as her eyes rolled in back of her head.

"Kate!" her mom freaked out as her daughter fell back to bed.

And back to white she was. Or maybe it all was just black and she actually had no idea what was happening.

~You are my wicked thrill

I just can't get my fill

Ooh no, this kind of living could kill

It's too late

I can't escape~

Please vote and comment so I know that you enjoyed the chapter

Please vote and comment so I know that you enjoyed the chapter. It's just a small gesture that I appreciate dearly.

Thank you, sweets!