ch. XIII -- Angel on a shoulder?

Kate looked as Chloe was making her way to Lucifer not batting an eye at two girls sitting next to him.

Kate briefly wondered what this all was about. Turning back to her glass of juice, Kate was brought back to her sulking thoughts till the moment that both- Chloe and Lucifer was sitting at the bar.

"I'm hosting a party Detective. Is something of that kind of importance to drag me away from it?" Kate could hear Devil ask. With roll of her eyes Chloe explained things connected to their work ending it with:

"You don't seem to be busy."

Hearing that Lucifer turned to Kate saying:

"I'm being her company for tonight."

Chloe raised her eyebrows at him, while Kate chocked on her drink.

"You're doing such a great job at that." Kate rolled her eyes and getting up made her way into the mass of people, before disappearing she turned around and shouted:

"Bar ain't a place to talk about work, Lucifer!"

"So, you're not busy." Chloe dragged Him by His hand to show some papers that were with her.

Kate had made her way across the club to the other side still sipping on her juice. This all was so boring to her, not really interested in anything. She just hoped to get home sooner. But she couldn't stop her eyes from wandering around in a search of her favorite Devil.

'I have to stop calling him my favorite.' She groaned and huffed, receiving some odd looks from people beside her. Not paying any attention to it, she let her eyes drift along the heads of people again.

Not being able to actually find the Devil, small pang of panic took over her.

"He's definitely here..." she reasoned with herself, trying to calm down while her eyes shot around the club.

~Light 'em up, light 'em up
Tell me where you are, tell me where you are
Summer nights, bright lights
And the shootin' stars, they break my heart~

Meanwhile Lucifer was talking with Chloe about some case in one of the booths. He was listening carefully to Detective when for a moment He felt some unexplainable tug in His chest. Blinking rapidly for a second, He reached for drink.

"Are you even listening, Lucifer?" Chloe asked.

"Yes, yes, of course." Lucifer answered not missing a beat.

Kate looked down at her empty glass and turning it in her hands looked around the club once again.

Why did she say 'yes' to this party?

Taking a deep breath, she made her way back into the crowd. Two or three guys asked her if she wanted to refill her glass, to which she politely declined earning words of disapproval in return. Only making Kate want to leave this place that much more and her panic making unsettling feeling deep in her stomach.

Lucifer was still listening to Chloe and the lead she had on the suspect, but His eyes drifted to crowed once in a while, but in last couple of minutes He has been doing it quite frequently.