ch. VIII -- 'Cause I gotta leave

"Get away from her, mum!" Lucifer's commanding tone rang throughout the penthouse.

So this woman was His... mom? Oh, shit..

In next second Lucifer was standing next to Kate.

"Are you alright? Did she do something? Tell me what happened?" Hundred and one question came from Lucifer as He with worried look checked Kate. Kate didn't give Him any response, only continued to stare at Charlotte, the Goddess Herself.

"I didn't do anything to her, son. It's not my fault that you got an unstable one." Charlotte said taking a step back and crossing hands on her chest.

"Don't you dare to say that!" Lucifer stood up and spat at His mother.

"What? Isn't it truth?" Charlotte shrugged.

"I advise to choose your next words carefully, mother." Lucifer said through gritted teeth, eyes flashing red, His accent thick as ever.

"Oh, you must be kidding me! Don't say that you have gone soft for this.. This excuse of a human?" Mum said with distaste gesturing to Kate.

"Out!" Lucifer barked and pointed at elevator.

"If you insist. But I need to talk to you." Charlotte let herself glance at Kate one last time.

"Out." Lucifer answered in clipped tone. With roll of her eyes Charlotte left, throwing a death glance towards Kate.

"What did she do?" Lucifer said turning to Kate.

"Nothing.." Kate answered but her eyes were still glued to elevator.

"Don't lie." Lucifer shook His head.

"Why are you here?" Kate asked suddenly and looked at the Devil.

"Your mum, she called me?" Lucifer seemed a bit thrown off by her sudden change of mood.

"She? Called you? Why?" Kate didn't understand.

"Why does she even have your number? I don't even have it!" Kate exclaimed.

'But seriously, why don't I have His phone number?'

"I gave it to her... She seemed scared.. when she called." Lucifer carefully eyed girl in front of Him.

"Scared?" Kate furrowed her brows.

"Yes. Scared for you. Care to tell me why?" Lucifer sat at the opposite sofa.

"I didn't answer her call. Because... because Goddess Herself a.k.a. YOUR FREAKING MOTHER came in." Kate exclaimed taking hold of her head.

"Why did she call you?" Lucifer asked.

"Well... I called her, I was talking and talking when your mom came in and scared me shitless, making me end the call with my mom." Kate answered making her point clear with her hands pointing in different directions.

"She still thinks that I'm having a vacation in Miami." Kate mumbled soon after.

"Good." Lucifer merely answered.

"How is this good?" Kate answered and looked confused.

"I'm lying to my own mother." Kate groaned.

Her phone that was neatly lying on the table, started to ring.

"Oh, look..." Kate mumbled in dissatisfaction.

"She is calling me right now." With roll of her eyes Kate picked up the phone.

"Tell me what's happening?!" Her mother exclaimed.

"I'm fine, mom. Unexpected guest. That's all." Kate answered calmly.

"Fine?! Moments ago you said that you were sick of everything and that you were not normal!" Her mom didn't understand.

'Right...' Kate bit her nails. She glanced at Lucifer who seemed to be interested in what was going on.

"About that..." Kate trailed off and slowly stood up from the sofa.

Lucifer was carefully assessing her movements.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"This is a private conversation." Kate answered coldly and went to her bedroom.

"Mom, listen carefully. I have only one chance to say this before I change my mind, okay?" Kate said dead serious.

"What is going on? Yes, tell me." Her mom asked.

"I'm not in Miami, mom. I'm in Los Angeles, California. And I need to get home. I mean, I want to go home." Kate said.

"Wait, wait, what?!" Her mom couldn't believe what she just heard.

"I want to go home. Start over, start everything from zero." Kate said and looked at herself in mirror, new lump forming in her throat. Briefly wandering about those times when she wasn't the only thing she saw in the mirror.

"Was it a boy?" Her mom asked. How it was that mother's always knew what was wrong with their children?

"You could say that, yeah..." Kate sighed sadly.

"Oh, sweetheart... you're always welcomed home." Her mom said.

"Just tell me when and where." Mom continued.

"As soon as possible.. I don't want to be here..." Kate said.

And saying that, something broke in her heart. She didn't want to feel this way. It was stupid. It was stupid to think that someone like Him could even love. It was stupid to fall in love with Him in the first place. Love was stupid, unnecessary feeling, which always got in her way.

'Maybe these were some of the reasons why Devil didn't tend to fall in love...?' She thought briefly.

He won't stop her this time. This time nothing connects them. He is nothing to her right now. She's on her own. Free from everything and everyone.

Hello guys! I am not dead, even if sometimes I want to jump off of a bridge

Hello guys! I am not dead, even if sometimes I want to jump off of a bridge. School has been keeping me busy with stuff, that's why I didn't have time to update.

 School has been keeping me busy with stuff, that's why I didn't have time to update