ch. III -- Hello.

Kate was sitting in her bedroom.

Day 7 or day 8? Which was it now?

Staring at the wall in front of her has become Kate's utmost hobby in these couple of days.

Lucifer was once again out. And Mazikeen seemed not to be around here too. So that made Kate only living soul in whole building.

At one point Kate didn't care that she was alone. Kind of felt refreshing. Just her, as if she had normal life and had never met anything out of ordinary. Except, then she was living very rich life considering the fact that she was living in penthouse, above prestige night club.

On other hand Kate didn't like to be completely alone. Like she liked to be left alone to her own stuff but she also liked the thought of somebody being nearby just in case. And right now it was conflicting.

Speaking about the night club. Kate wasn't that kind of a girl that liked going to night clubs. She had visited them on several occasions, though. Yes, she liked partying but Kate preferred to do it in house or some garden and stuff.

Night clubs tended to be really flashy for her taste and not to speak about the fact that crowed seemed little too extra hectic making Kate feel obnoxious. At party you know mostly everybody, but night clubs tend to have certain types of people. Small difference but it still made Kate feel uneasy.

And since Kate right now was alone she thought she could wander down and check the club that seemed to be so lit.

Slowly making her way to closet Kate looked in it and then down at herself. She was in her pj's for some time already, too unwilling to actually change. Giving second thought to it, Kate pulled out her warm cardigan and putting on some socks wandered to the elevator.

Pressing the button, elevator's dark doors slid open. Taking two cautious steps she was standing in it.

Another press of a button got her down and with a small ding she was let out of the contraption.

Club was completely empty, just like the first time when Maze lead her through it. Except this time there was quiet music playing in background.

"You don't own me

I'm not just one of your many toys

You don't own me

Don't say I can't go with other boys~

Kate slowly walked to the bar; it was all neatly stacked full with expensive looking drinks. She looked around all alcoholics and with trembling hands she reached out to leave feather like touch along the fancy bottles.

She looked at each bottle's shape and the colour of the liquid that it held. From a far it may looked that she admired them and found them interesting, but only few would see that the girl's mind was actually somewhere else.

Making her way around the bar she sat on one of the bar stool and turned herself around few times. With unsatisfied grunt she let her head fall down on the bar's counter top.

~Don't tell me what to do

And don't tell me what to say

Please, when I go out with you

Don't put me on display~

She felt nothing.

Or did she felt like nothing?

In her unfocused stare at the opposite wall, small tears gathered around.

She should call her mom, just to say that she will be home soon.

'Or maybe Lucifer took care of it this time too, huh?' Kate wondered spitefully and rolled her eyes.

She sat up straight. With both hands whipped tears away and grabbing hold of stools sides and looked around.

Completely empty, just like her.

~You don't own me

Don't try to change me in any way

You don't own me

Don't tie me down 'cause I'd never stay~

Her glassy eyes fell on the piano that was peacefully standing somewhere in the middle.

'How many pianos does He own?' fleeting thought run through girl's head.

Pushing herself off the stool Kate walked closer to the piano.

What a beautiful instrument. But what was it doing in this place that's filled with so much desire, alcohol, and prideful people?

Slowly sitting on the bench that was at the piano, with her hands in her lap Kate stared down at the lid that was covering the keys.

It has been some time since she has sat at the piano. Never really having anytime to actually sit and play. When was the last time she played this instrument?

'Oh, yes... at rehabilitation centre.' She thought with distaste.

If the piano could be her company for a day then she as well could play it, and since she is down here...

Quickly looking around Kate slowly opened the lid and the white and black key game shone brightly at her.

"Hello..." she said in small voice and smiled unsurely at them.

Letting her left hand slide down to the keys, girl pressed few of them. When the piano went silent again girl continued to hum the tone to herself.

"...Fight fear for the selfish pain..." Kate sung barely above whisper and pressed three more keys on a piano.

"...hold still right before we crash..." her lips moved but no sound came out, only few accords from piano made some sound over the music that was playing in night club. Mumbling few other lyrics Kate was disturbed from her peaceful place by the sound at the top of the stars indicating that she had visitors.

Thank you for reading!

Listening: Look What You Made Me Do  by Taylor Swift

Watching: Divergent