ch. X -- Fine, I'll be there

“For the last time, Lucifer. My patient's information is confidential.” Linda groaned trying to get that fact in Devil's head.

“Oh, come on Doctor! Tell me atleast one juicy thing.” Lucifer flashes her a dashing smile.

“No, Lucifer.” Linda scolded and walked to the door.

“Your session is not due to next week, so if you, please, would leave… I have things to sort out.” Linda said and opened doors for Lucifer to walk out. He just huffed and walked to the door.

“Are you sure you can't tell me anything?” Lucifer turned to look at Linda one more time.

“Out.” Linda pointed. With roll of His eyes Lucifer walked out.

“Took you long enough…” Kate mumbled and pushed car's horn once again.

“I wanna go home.” Kate grumbled and crossed her hands.

“Somebody is impatient today.” Lucifer smirked at Kate and sat in the car.

“Less talking, more driving. Or maybe I should drive myself?” Kate rolled her eyes at Him and soon looked away.

'Why was that smile still making her heart skip a beat?’

“You seem to be in hurry. Is everything okay?” Lucifer asked and briefly glanced at Kate before locking His eyes back on the road.

“Never better. And since you asked, can I cancel next appointment with doctor Linda?” Kate asked in return and cleared her throat at the end.

“Do you have plans?” Lucifer furrowed brows.

“Yeah.. old friend of mine is visiting.” Kate simply answered. Of course, she won't say that it's her mother, but the answer seemed sufficient for Him.

“Anyone I know?” Lucifer said stoping the car infront of Lux.

Kate was pretty sure that Lucifer knew every single one of her friends. And because of that she choose not to answer.

“And we're at square one again.” Lucifer sighed and wanted to open car doors for Kate but she was faster and did it by herself.

Only making Lucifer frown.

Climbing down the stairs to the club Kate was revealed that it was empty. But the other side of her wanted so that it was full and her thoughts would have been silenced with the music and people voices.

But to her unfortunate luck she was stopped by Lucifer's voice once again. She stopped right next to the piano.

“Katherine, there is going to be party this night at Lux.” Devil stated.

“Of course there's going to be a fucking party here.” Kate grumbled and looked at the piano.

“And?” She said louder this time.

“You are more than welcome to come.” Lucifer said, this time closer than before.

“Why would I? You know that I don't like parties. Not anymore, anyways.” Kate's eyes were trained to piano all this time. One particular morning coming to her mind.

“I'll be there to watch over you, if that's what you are saying.” Lucifer was standing behind her now.

“Were you playing piano at one morning?” Kate asked still her eyes never leaving the piano.

“This one?” Lucifer looked at the piano too.

“The one upstairs.” Kate shivered and she was pretty sure that she felt His breath on her neck.

“Yes, do you mind?” Lucifer looked at the back of her head. Kate's eyes flickered to the bar.

“I'll be at the party...” She said quietly and walked to the elevator.