ch. XI -- Why?

The dreaded hour of the party's start was coming closer and closer. And Kate's bedrooms felt smaller and smaller.

"The fuck are you still doing here? Why are you still in your PJ's?!" Maze barged in her bedroom with out knocking Kate looked at her with empty eyes and stayed glued on her bed.

"What?" Maze looked at unfazed girl.

"Oh, the knocking... forgot." Maze shrugged and went to Kate's wardrobe. Yanking open the doors of it Maze hummed and threw a smirk to Kate.

"I already have and idea...."  Maze whispered and started to throw pieces of clothing behind herself on Kate's bed, near the girl.

Seeing blouses and skirts and dresses, Kate peeped up:

"No, no, no!" girl cried, "Please, no dresses and skirts!"

"What?... Pffft... It's a party, princess. How else are you supposed to impress men?" Maze turned to Kate with furrowed brows.

"I don't want any dresses, Maze! I don't want to impress!" Kate yelled.

"What? Why not?!" Maze yelled back unimpressed, not understanding the mortal girl.

"I don't want to impress anybody! And that's that!" Kate got up from bed.

"Not even someone special?" Maze's face suddenly changed and she winked.

"No!" Kate yelled.

"Are you sure?" Maze grinned and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yes!" Kate yelled in irritation.

"Yes-there is someone or yes- you are sure there is no one?" Maze crossed her arms.

"You can go, Maze." Kate rolled her eyes and pointed to the door.

"What?" Maze deadpanned.

"Go." Kate said sitting back on bed.

"So you can't take a little teasing?" Maze chuckled sarcastically.

"Nooo... I can't take the fact--" Kate stopped abruptly.

"Take what?" Maze wanted to know.

Kate's mind drifted back to that rainy night. Cold shiver running down her spine.

          Love is emotion we are not familiar with.

One sentence floated in Maze's voice in her head. Rewind that back to the couple more minutes before.

"You're really here..." she had whispered in His neck in a small sob. Her head was still spinning. He actually was here. But Maze seemed to state that He was smitten with Detective Decker. Then why was He there, actually there, across the country if He was supposed to be back in L.A. with Decker? Why was He with Kate instead of the woman He seemed to like? He wasn't her guardian angel by then anymore. Why was He there? Why is she here now?

"Earth to Kate!" Maze chided.

"What?" Kate asked still staring at the wall in front of her.

"So you have someone in your mind." Maze simply said.

"Can I guess?" demon soon continued.

"No." Kate could barely say, still fazed by her throwback memory.

Hello!

Hello!

Look who updated!

Please enjoy!

Thank you for 1.8k of reads!

8k of reads!