T w e l v e

"Can we go shopping? I want to make a good impression on your father since I've never met him before." I asked Grayson, entwining my fingers with his, causing him to smile down at me fondly.
"Of course, I'll help you pick the perfect outfit." He winked, and I couldn't help but blush at the flirting. I'm so glad that he was mine.

Getting into the car, I looked at him, studying and drinking in his appearance; he was definitely easy on the eyes. His perfectly messy hair framed his defined face amazingly and his chocolatey brown eyes were capturing and could hold your gaze until you lost track of time. I'd never felt these emotions with Ethan and I doubt anyone else could ever have made me feel that way.

On the way to the mall, my stomach clenched slightly in fear that I would be judged for my size and I wouldn't find a nice outfit to wear. I wasn't huge now, but I wasn't my ideal size 12 that I longed for. I know Grayson liked me at any size yet it must be a bonus to walk beside a healthy girl who can keep with the vast amount of activities that interested him.

My thoughts were quickly cut short when Grayson informed me that we had arrived. I nodded and quickly got out, walking around to Grayson and already hating the fact that he'd gained female attention. I saw a few girls send glares my way, yet I'm sure most girls wouldn't class me as competition and probably assumed that a girl like me could only be related to someone as hot as him.

Deciding to prove them wrong, I gently took his hand in mine and held in a smirk as the girls' faces morphed into an image of shock. How could I possibly be dating him? It just wasn't possible! Instead of saying anything, I simply smiled sweetly at them and shook my head at the glares sent my way.

"What's got you so happy?" Grayson mused, nudging me in the side gently causing me to giggle. I was extremely ticklish yet I didn't want Grayson to know since I knew he'd use it to his advantage, yet of course, I'd blew my cover. Grayson said nothing, simply smirking, letting me know that he now knew one of my biggest weaknesses.

"What shop do you wanna go in?" Grayson asked as I shrugged, I wasn't really into shopping.
"My mom always chose my clothes for me." I informed him, cringing at how embarrassing that sounded, but instead of laughing or taunting, Grayson smiled.
"Good, that means I'll get to introduce you to a new shop that I've seen some nice clothes in."
With that, he led the way and I trailed behind until he wrapped his arm around my waist and steered me in the direction of the store.

Upon entering, I knew exactly why Grayson liked the clothes in this shop. Mannequins styled the most amazing pieces of clothing and I instantly fell in love with it. Grayson watched with a smile as I scanned the racks and searched for a cute outfit that was casual yet formal for my first meeting with the Dolan that I hadn't yet met.

Suddenly, my eyes landed on a white dress, and I fell in love. I enjoyed wearing white due to my tan complexion and this was a gorgeous item of clothing. The white lace was layered to ensure it wasn't transparent and it ended just above the knee. I cautiously went over and scanned through the sizes, frowning slightly when I saw that they didn't go to my size, stopping at an 18. I turned to find Grayson behind me, looking at me questioningly, "Well try it on then!" He instructed, handing me a size 16.

With wide eyes, I stared at him, my mouth gaping, "Are you sure this'll fit?" I asked, eying the dress skeptically.
"Trust me." He replied, ushering me into the changing room and urging me to try it on. Laughing at his eager behaviour, I closed the curtain and pulled my clothes off before slipping the dress on, and to my surprise, it fit!

I quickly opened the curtain excitedly, "It fits! I'm a size 16!" I rambled happily before hugging Grayson tightly and thanking him over and over for helping. I had no idea that I'd lost that much and he was a huge part in my weight loss journey so far.

Gently, Grayson grabbed my shoulders and turned me around to see myself in the mirror and I was pleasantly surprised. The skater skirt made my waist look slimmer and for the first time in what seemed like forever, I wasn't appalled at what I saw. I looked okay.

His arms slowly wrapped around me from behind and he brought his mouth so it was directly beside my ear.
"You look beautiful." He whispered, kissing behind my ear gently causing me to shudder at his loving actions.

"Now now, we don't want to get you all flustered because of me sweetheart." He smirked and I said nothing as I turned bright red. If it had been anyone else I would've rolled my eyes at their words, but the worst part was, he did make me flustered and he knew exactly how to do it.

"You deserve a treat. How about a pretzel?" He suggested as I nodded eagerly. I hadn't had a pretzel since a month before Grayson arrived and at the mention of one of my comfort foods, my mouth watered. Before either of us could say anything, my feet took me on the route that I had memorised and I didn't have to think before I was before the pretzel stand asking for the cinnamon and vanilla sugar pretzel that I had devoured many times before.

Grayson then ordered after me yet I didn't pay attention to his order for the sweet, familiar scent transported me back to good memories that only ended too soon when I got handed my sweet treat.

I gazed at the warm snack in my hands before sinking my teeth into the soft dough.

Oh boy, how I'd missed these...

****
End of chapter!
Ooo going back to sweet foods cass?
I'm glad she's happy with her weight though!
Please vote and comment!
-Ky 💜