E p i l o g u e

One year later

My body buzzed with excitement and I felt huge butterflies awaken in the deep pit of my stomach. I was finally seeing the twins after a year.

I'd deleted them off of every social media and of course, I'd missed them like hell; there were times when I was close to quitting as I longed to see them again, it was painful. Despite this, I braved through it and I was now a successful model.

The fame was surreal, I had screaming fans wherever I went, always asking for photos and autographs. A short time into my career my past had got out yet my agency quickly paid the media forcing them to publish an article, deeming it a lie. I was grateful for this as it kept my slate clean and kept my reputation innocent. I'd never thought that it could be written off so easily, but it's amazing at what people will do when eager for money.

I nibbled on my bottom lip as the cab got closer to the house I remembered like the back of my hand. I looked down at my outfit, hoping I looked good enough for our reunion. I'd opted for quite a casual look of skinny jeans and a pink velvet top. My hair was curled and I had applied light make, I felt good. I could only hope that my good was their idea of good also.

Finally, the car pulled up, I wiped my clammy hands on my jeans, thanked and paid the driver then slowly exited the car, walking up the twins' driveway. None of it had changed apart from the very expensive car parked out front. How could they afford that? They probably saved.

I shook my head of any fears and thoughts and turned the handle slowly and silently. I planned on surprising the twins by not telling them of my arrival then making them jump. I was excited.

Slowly tiptoeing down the hallway, I heard both the twins speak up energetically, "Hey Guys! We're back!"
Who were they talking to?

Frowning, I slowly moved closer and walked in silently as Grayson spoke up, "Today we're going to be doing the girlfriend tag!" He said loudly, happily and confidently.
He looked so good, still muscly, with hypnotising eyes and softly styled hair. Then my eyes flickered to the girl beside him. She was a slim blonde with large green eyes and full lips, she was gorgeous, and she was nestled under Grayson's large arm. Tears stung my eyes.

"We're so excited for this and all of you guys have requested!" Ethan smiled, also wrapping an arm around a girl, she had long brown hair and quite squinty blue eyes with a small nervous smile. She was perfect for Ethan and I was honestly happy for him, Grayson however? Not so much.
That wasn't me being selfish, that was because I was upset that he didn't wait and I couldn't help from speaking up.

"Congrats boys." I choked, my voice breaking before the tears fell and I quickly ran before anyone could see them. Of course, I couldn't get far because someone had chased after me. His large hand wrapped around my upper arm and I turned to face Grayson. I shook my head, the tears spilling freely, "Don't, please just no." I whispered, as his hand gently cupped my face.

He gently brushed away the tears, pulling me close to him. His scent hadn't changed and this once again caused the waterworks to break completely. I tried to pull away yet he held me to him.
"I'm sorry Cass, I'm so sorry. I couldn't help it." He tried to explain helplessly.
"I know. I just wish you wouldn't have promised me that you'd wait." I mumbled, keeping my head down, hardly been able to look at him.

He sighed, raking his fingers through his hair.
"I thought I'd keep it but seeing photos of you with no way to contact you was breaking me and then Anna came along and she cheered me up, helped me to forget." He explained, which provided no comfort for me.
"You forgot about me?!" I asked, my heart feeling as though it had broke into two.
Grayson's eyes widened as he realised his mistake, "No! Not you, the pain I felt due to losing you!" He tried to backtrack yet I couldn't listen- he'd forgotten me...

I pushed him away, running back into the room and hugging Ethan. His arms engulfed me and held me in the warm, familiar embrace that I'd missed so much. All good things however, end too soon. His arms were ripped from around me.

"Excuse me but Ethan is mine!" His girlfriend piped up, scowling at me as Ethan rolled his eyes fondly.
"Babe, Cass is my best friend and it's quite obvious that she's upset. Cut her some slack, I'll never replace you." He told her as he rubbed my back gently.

She seemed satisfied with this answer as she nodded and decided that she needed to use the bathroom. Glancing up at Ethan, he smiled down at me sadly, "You only have to show your face and you have me falling in love with you all over again..." he whispered as I looked down.

"I'm sorry... I still wanna be with you but it'd be too painful to see Grayson everyday... You found a girlfriend and she made you happy and I'm really happy that you found her, you deserve someone to love who's not unreliable and loves you so much that she's jealous of every girl."
He groaned, staring at me, pleading with his eyes, "I want you more!"

"I could be off doing another job next week E! I'm not reliable and I'm not worthy, I've played you about and you deserve more. I don't think you'll see me again after today..." I said quietly.
"No!" Ethan and Grayson exclaimed at the same time.

"It's the best way boys. I love you both and I'll never forget you."

With that, I turned away from the twins who completely changed my life.

***********
I'm not crying, you are!
It's the end of the book!
I hope you all enjoyed!
Please take a moment to vote and comment and maybe read the first chapter of my new dolan story, sleeping with a murderer.
-Ky 💜