F i f t e e n

It had been a week and I still hadn't been able to move or respond. The twins had been dutifully by my side the whole time, barely sleeping in case I miraculously awoke. My mother had made no other appearances since the twins lashed out and I was thankful for that. My main concern though, was my weight. They were feeding me here yet I hadn't been able to exercise meaning that the weight I had lost would be once again gained.

Grayson was currently sat by me, stroking my hair from my face causing goosebumps to erupt upon the surface of my arm. Eventually he let out a sigh and stopped, gripping my hand when Ethan suddenly crashed into the room. His breathing was heavy and he couldn't keep still suggesting that he was frantic.

"What's wrong?" Grayson asked, panic seeping into his voice as he took in his brother's state.
"Th-they wanna turn off Cass' life machine..." Ethan whispered.
"No.. No! Cass... if you can hear me please just show me that you're fighting and trying to wake!" He pleaded, his voice desperate.

I channelled all the energy I had and finally I showed a sign of my awareness, I gently squeezed Grayson's hand. It lasted only a split second yet Grayson felt it and he sprang up.
"She's fighting! She squeezed my hand! I'm getting the doctors!" Grayson shouted excitedly making me want to smile.

As he went to get the doctors, Ethan sat beside me.
"Cass I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm guessing you twitched or Grayson imagined what he wanted to feel so you can't hear me but if you can.. I've got to tell you this. I still love you and as mean as it sounds, I wish Grayson never returned, then I'd have you and you wouldn't even be here! Can't you see all of this bad stuff is happening because of him!"

I wanted to open my eyes at that moment but I knew that if I did, I'd have no idea what to say. Before Ethan could say any more though, Gray and the doctors ran in and the doctors inspected me before speaking to the twins.
"We have no data to suggest that she did move so we will keep her on for 2 more hours, if not, unfortunately we have to remove her."

"We'll pay to keep her on!" Grayson pleaded, desperate for anything to keep me alive which I was grateful for as I was becoming increasingly worried as each second passed.

"I'm afraid that's not possible as we are a very busy hospital and people are in desperate need for it." With that, the doctor excused himself before Grayson turned to the wall, punching it hard and screaming. He then burst into tears, "I can't lose her."

"Gray. She's a fighter, she'll make it through this."

They then stayed in complete silence and I used this as my chance to try and wake. I was completely exhausted just from the simple squeeze of Gray's hand yet I mustered up any small amount of energy that could be left in me.

It took a lot of effort, and when I thought I'd finally managed it, my vision blacked out and I heard a sharp beep.
"Sh-she's dead..." Grayson whispered, sobbing suddenly, "She's gone."

The pain in his voice forced myself to open my eyes, "N-no.. sh-she's.. nnn..." I tried to force, yet I couldn't finish the sentence. This didn't seem to matter though as I was instantly smothered by both the twins, both squeezing me tightly as though they could never bear to let go, and I didn't mind that at all.

"Did you hear? When I asked you to squeeze my hand did you hear me?" Grayson asked excitedly as I nodded with a small smile on my face.

"I heard everything..." I said quietly, throwing a pointed look at Ethan, "Everything..."

At this he gulped, looking down, knowing to what I was referring to and I didn't want to make him feel bad but I loved Grayson and I loved Ethan too but it was as a best friend and I knew Ethan was right about most of the bad stuff being because of Grayson, but I couldn't stop loving him.

"I'm so glad you're okay! You have no idea how guilty I feel Cass! I'm so sorry, I didn't want to get mad at you but I knew you were better than that and I didn't want to see you wear away to nothing because I've never loved another girl as much as I love you." He murmured, a single tear sliding down his cheek.

Weakly raising my arm, I wiped the tear and pressed my lips to his.
"Shut up, you have nothing to be sorry for." I smiled, resting my head on his chest since he was now sat beside me on the bed.

"I'm sorry too, for letting Grayson take you away from me so easily." Ethan said, causing Grayson and I to both look at him in shock.
"What?" Grayson asked, his jaw clenching so tight that it could cut ice, not that it couldn't already do that.
"You heard. I still love Cass, you and I both know that but I realised that I should've fought for her, she was mine!"

"Yeah was Ethan, it's in the past." Grayson growled, holding me closer to himself protectively as though he might lose me.
"Look Cass is happy with me and I'm happy with her. You should be happy for us!" Grayson exclaimed as Ethan rolled his eyes.
"Yeah I should thrilled that my twin brother yet again stole another of my girlfriends, only this time it's a girlfriend that I actually loved!" Ethan shouted and tears flooded down my cheeks.

This whole thing was my fault! If I hadn't have gotten involved with either of them then they wouldn't be falling out right now, but no, I had to have made friends with Ethan all those years ago...

My thoughts were cut off by the doctor entering the room. "Oh! Miss Jenkins, you're awake. You have a visitor."

"D-daddy?"

*******
Ooo another cliffhanger!
Who should Cass choose?
Please vote and comment!
I love you all!
-Ky 💜