S i x t e e n

My father rushed over and instantly wrapped me in his arms, taking me back to my childhood while huge salty tears raced down my cheeks.
"Cassie... I've missed you so much, I'm so sorry..." He murmured, running his fingers through my hair.

"W-why did you leave?" I whimpered, clutching onto his sweater and gazing up at him, drinking in his appearance that I'd spent so long missing out on.

At my question, his face saddened.
"Your mother blamed me for the accident, she told me to leave before you awoke, she cared about you more than me and I don't blame her. You're beautiful honey..."

"Mum doesn't love me! Ever since she told me you died I became depressed, I was comfort eating and became obese, she hated me for it. Ethan and Grayson helped me though..."

It was then that my dad turned his attention to the other two males in the room.
"Ethan Dolan, always a pleasure. A heartbreaker now I presume?" My father asked, shaking Ethan's hand before Ethan threw a quick glance towards me.
"No sir, more like heartbroken..."
My father looked down, "Terribly sorry."
He then turned to Grayson, "Ethan number 2?"

Grayson's face was an image of pure panic and I smiled slightly at the sign of wanting to impress my father.
"N-no sir, I'm Grayson, Ethan's twin, well that's obvious. I'm Cass' boyfriend but I do take good care of her and I really love her!" He rambled while my father let out a deep laugh.
"Shut up and welcome to the family!" He smiled, pulling Grayson in for a hug which caused Ethan to clench his fist tightly.

"Right, will you be okay for a while? I need to talk to your mother." My father asked, looking at me for permission to which I nodded before he left the room. Tension once again fell heavily about us. Ethan shot daggers at Grayson as he rolled his eyes at the looks he found 'unthreatening'.

"Guys. Stop! You're both acting childishly! I can't help who I fall in love with okay? The truth is I'm in love with both of you only my love for Grayson is much stronger and when I'm with him I forget everything! When I'm with you Ethan, I enjoy every moment yet when we kissed I could only think about how much more powerful it'd feel with Grayson. I know that's harsh and straight to the point but it's true and I can't help it! I still want you as a best friend, of course I do, but I also want you both to be best friends again and if I'm stopping that then I'll remove myself from both of your lives!" I sighed, feeling hot tears prickle my eyes. I didn't want to leave the twins yet I would if it meant they would once again be happy.

"No!" They both shouted simultaneously at my rant.
"Cass, you've made us both so happy and we need you, you're our everything!" Grayson exclaimed,
Ethan nodded in response, "Yeah you are, it's just I get a little selfish sometimes and I'm sorry..." He said quietly, hugging me gently.

"It's fine..." I whispered, "Can we go to the gym soon though, I wanna burn the fat I will have put back on while being here."

Grays's eyes widened at my words, "What are you on about Cass, you've lost weight!"

I frowned, "What?"
I lifted the covers and sure enough my stomach had shrunk significantly, it still wasn't my desired size yet it was now definitely close.
"H-how? They've been feeding me and I haven't been moving!" I stated in shock while both the boys smiled.

"The food is nutrient rich babe, it's all good for you!" Grayson smiled, kissing my cheek while I smiled widely. Since I'd woke up, things had already started looking up; I'd seen my father and I'd become closer to my goal.

"Despite this food helping me, I do actually want some real food so can you help me downstairs to the canteen?" I smiled, pushing myself up as the twins rushed to my side to help.

Once I was finally on my feet, I was helped to the canteen where I bought pasta that I eagerly indulged in, enjoying the taste of real food.
"This is so good!" I exclaimed excitedly, causing the twins to laugh. To them, I was probably acting weird, yet to me, this was heaven.

Not long after I'd finished however, my eyes began to grow heavy, the eating had made me extremely tired due to the continuous movement required and I found myself being scooped into Grayson's arms before falling asleep.

I was in the woods. Chased by a murderer. My cross country status helped my stamina. He had the speed. I felt the warmth from his hand waft across my back. He wanted me dead. I killed his son after all.

I was too fatigued to shout. My lungs burned yet I surged on. Then I saw it. My escape. A small hole in the tree truck. I slid in quickly and pressed myself against the edge of the trunk. The guy wasn't the brightest. My new move had confused him and slowly his footsteps faded.

Once I was sure he was gone, I ran home spilling the story to my mother who decided we needed to move, to get away from the danger.

2 months later, we were at our new place and so much had already happened. I had become a murderer and I was wanted by an angry relative.

The new town seemed good, the house was big enough and my room was cosy. We were busy unpacking that first day, that day when we got our first knock.

My mother shouted at me to answer to door and I had to do a double take to ensure I wasn't dreaming.

"Hi I'm Ethan, your neighbour from down the street." He smiled, and just like that, he was my first major crush, my first love.

***********
End of chapter!
Glimpse into Cassie's past at the end there!
Please vote and comment!
I love you all!
-Ky 💜