Chapter Three

"This way Mr.Malhotra.."the constable gestured towards an open door. "Sirf koi ek hi andar jaa sakta hai..."saying this the constable walked away.

"Manik...jaa..."Cabir said while placing a hand on his shoulder.

But Manik paid no heeds to his request. He was looking straight ahead while standing like a lifeless statue.

"Manik..."Dhruv shook him by holding his shoulders this time. "Manik...Manik..."

But even that didn't have any effect on him.

"Manik...andar jaa...aur jakar bata de ki andar jo koi bhi hai...woh Nandini nai hai..."Dhruv's  words finally reached Manik's soul and the very next moment he snapped out of his trance.

"Haan...bilkul sahi kaha tune...I will tell them that...I will..."Manik shook his head "Inn logo ko kya lagta hai..yeh kuch bhi kahenge aur hum maan lenge...bilkul nai....hargiz nai..tu sahi kah raha hai..mai abhi aata hu...inn sab ko galat sabit karke..main abhi.."Manik didn't finish his words as he walked into the room.

"Cabir...Manik.."Dhruv tried to speak but Cabir silenced him."Abhi nai...Jane de usey..he needs to do this.."

"It can't be Nandini right...kisi aur ki.."Dhruv chocked."It can't be Nandini...No...No...Manik is right...they must have got a wrong information...dekhna abhi Manik bahar aaega and he will say that it wasn't Nandini.."Dhruv's words came out in a rush as he was trying to convince himself that nothing was wrong.

But unfortunately nothing was right..

and there was someone who knew it too..

Cabir...

Though he wanted to console Dhruv by saying that he was right...but he couldn't...

he just couldn't...

Because deep down he knew that his fear had come true...

and he hated himself for not doing anything to prevent it...he hated being so helpless..

If it would have been some other situation he would have been strong...or at least he could have pretended to be..

But right now...at this very moment...he just couldn't do anything...

As if his heart has given up...

"Manik..."Cabir shook his head as something hit him like a flash of light "Manik can't be alone...no he shouldn't be...Dhruv.."Cabir looked at Dhruv who was looking back at him with nothing but confusion etched on his face.
"Dhruv we need to be with him.."

"But how...you heard na what that constable said..only one person can go in.."Dhruv reminded him.

"Fv*k him....I don't care what anyone says...Manik needs us right now...more than ever...we can't let me go through all this all by himself while we stand aside and watch the entire things happening in front of us like an bystanders and doing nothing about it..."Cabir looked at Dhruv."I am going in...are you coming with me or not.."

"Of course I am..and you are right...he needs us..and nothing in the world can stop us from being with him..nothing.."Dhruv said nodding his head. "Let's go.."