Chapter Six

Sometimes people find each other with broken foundations and they together as a team built a foundation that is indestructible.

"Mom kahti thi...where there is fireflies na they celebrate true love..and where their is true love na..they glow...and see..they all are glowing..."

"Tumhe yeh pasand hai..because yeh shine karte hai...Manik stars na bahut gandey hotey hai...insey better toh mere fireflies hai..Tum na inke chakkar me mat padho...seriously..Tum na hamesha mere sath raho...hamesha...and I will..I will shine for you..."

"You don't have to be sorry for anything...in fact it's because of you...your love for them...that I am at peace with the stars..tum na mere childhood ki memory wapas latey ho..I used to watch them with appa..for hours...and they were so beautiful...they were magical.."

"I will always shine for you.."

A lone tear escaped Manik's eyes.

"You are still shining for me Nandini...and I know you always will.."

"I know that you are not around...but..I don't know why ...why do I feel that you are still around...I don't know why do I get this feeling that our story isn't over..yet..I don't know why do I feel that we still have a long way to go..."

"I know I am sounding like a lunatic...but this.."Manik pointed towards his heart."..is not ready to believe that you are no more...deep down it's still waiting for you to return Nandini..I know that's not possible...but I can't help it...I just can't.."

"I can't stop myself from hoping Nandini...hope...that one day..some miracle will happen that will bring you back to me.."

"I know that's not possible...but still.."

"Kya karu yeh jo dil hai na...manta hi nai hai.."

"Issey aaj bhi lagta hai...ki tum ho....bhale hi hamare samne nai ho...par aaj bhi hamare sath ho..aur ek din..achanak se tum wapas laut aaogi..aur phir sab thik ho jaega.."

"Manik..."

Manik was so lost in his thought that he didn't realise that he had company.

He turned around only to find Kishori standing at the door.

"Amms.."Manik said wiping his tears away. "Aap soye nai..."

"Mai nai soyi..ya phir tum nai soye.."Kishori's words confused Manik."Amms..mai kuch samjha nai..."

"Time dekho Manik..apne aap samajh me aa jaega sab kuch.."Amms pointed towards the clock.

Manik looked at his watch for a second and that's when he realised what Kishori meant.

"Oh Man...It's 4.oo A.M.."Manik closed his eyes and sighed.

"Exactly...subah ke char baj rahe hai Manik..aur ek baar phir se I caught you like this..."Kishori nodded her head in disapproval.

"Amms..I.."Manik was about to say something but Kishori stopped him by showing her palm.

"No more excuses Manik...chalo baitho..we need to talk.."saying this Kishori entered the room followed by Manik.

She sat on the bed and gestured him to sit next to her by patting on the bed.

Without saying anything Manik sat down next to her.

"Manik..it's been three years beta..aisa kab tak chalega..bolo.."Kishori's tone shocked Manik as he was expecting her anger but right now all he could feel was concern in her voice...for him.