Chapter Twenty Nine.

"..Schizophrenia.."

Nandini couldn't say anything beyond that as she froze at her place.

"Nandini relax.."Dr.Sinha tried to calm her down. "..I said..it might lead to that...you aren't schizophrenic at the moment.."

"..but I might be one day right.."Nandini couldn't control her anxiousness. "..or maybe worse.." she looked at the doctor with horrified eyes "..hai na Dr.Sinha.."

This time Dr.Sinha looked at Raj who was looking at Nandini. Sensing Dr.Sinha's gaze on himself Raj looked at him and nodded lightly indicating him to tell her the truth...all of it.

"Nandini.."Dr.Sinha looked at her and spoke very calmly. "..you aren't suffering from any mental disease at the moment...however...the drugs that was given to you from past two-three months is extremely toxic.."

"...though the doses were small..but it was quite regular..enough to create mental issues in the long run.."

"..fortunately whoever was giving you those toxic doses did stopped..because of which you didn't loose your mental stability instantly.."

"..but those doses were extremely potent and had done severe damages to your nerves system..especially the nerves of your brain..which would lead to severe neurological disorders in the long run.."

"..and to make the matter worse that incident which happened few days ago it had acted as a catalyst..and somehow have sped up the whole process.."

His words only horrified her even more. "..you mean..I would loose my mental stability any time..I will turn into a crazy person soon..or maybe worse."

Her eyes were filled with tears..

...which really disturbed Raj.

All his life he had never been concerned about anyone.

He was the King Of Malhotra Industries after all.

And especially after being betrayed by Nyonika he had lost faith in the existence of true love.

The only person he loved and care was his son..

..Manik.

But somehow today he felt as if Nandini's tears were disturbing him in the same way as Manik's tears used to disturb him during Manik's childhood.

He hated tears in Manik's eyes..

...and today...

...he was hating tears in Nandini's eyes.

Why??

Was it because of Manik.

Because she was Manik's life..

...his son's life.

Is it because he had seen the change in Manik's behaviour pretty much the moment Nandini had stepped into his life.

Is it because he had seen how genuinely happy and content Manik was once she became his life.

Yes..

...definitely these reasons were part of Raj's overprotectiveness towards Nandini.

But that wasn't the whole reason.

Why??

Why was he so worried for a complete stranger about whom he had only heard from Manik.