Chapter Twenty Six.

"What.."

Manik's eyes were about to pop out of his sockets.

"Yes.."

Nandini nodded her head.

"So....did they..kidnap you or something..."Manik blurted out the first thing that came into his mind.

He sat on his knees in front of her and held her hands. "..what exactly happened that night Nandini.."

Nandini took a deep breath and entwining her fingers with his she looked back at him and said "Nyonika Mam ordered your driver to plant a bomb in the car which was supposed to bring me at Aryaman's place.."

Manik's facial expressions changed instantly but before he could say anything Nandini squeezed his hands tightly and pleaded through her eyes to control his rage.

Though it was way too difficult for Manik..

...in fact he felt as if he had a become a tornado himself who would destroy everything that comes in his way..

...but somehow he managed to get a grip over himself as he didn't wanted to hurt Nandini by doing anything reckless because of his sheer rage. Closing his eyes he breathe out heavily and nodded gesturing her to continue further.

Nandini knew how impatient Manik was growing with every passing second..

...so without wasting another moment she continued..

"..according to her plan.."

"..your driver was supposed to stop the car at a barren place on the pretext that the car has broken down.."

"..then he would've got out of the car and opening the bonnet would pretend to check what was wrong with the car.."

"...then he would look beneath the car.."

"..and would activate the bomb that was planted over there.."

"..and would leave from there saying that he will be looking for some help while he would ask me to wait in the car only.."

"..since he would've set the bomb at a time span of 10 minutes that would give him enough time to reach at a safe distant place.."

"..and when the bomb would've exploded..killing me in the process.. he was suppose to inform Nyonika mam by dropping a text message."

"She had given your driver enough money for that and had ordered him to leave the town once for all after that taking his family away with him.."

Nandini looked up at Manik who had nothing but tears in his eyes..

...but whether those tears were due to rage or due to excessive pain..

...that was something Nandini couldn't differentiate today.

When neither Manik nor Raj said anything so Nandini realised that they were expecting her to continue..

...so she did.

"Your mother had everything planned Manik.."

"..but unfortunately..destiny wasn't on her side.."

"..it was with us.."

"..and that's why the person whom Nyonika hired to kill me ended up becoming my ultimate saviour.."

Manik's eyes widened in shock. "WHAT.."

"Yes Manik.."she smiled slightly. "It was your driver who not only saved my life but also made sure that I reach somewhere safe so that Nyonika couldn't hurt me..anymore."

"But how.."Manik was way beyond curious. "..how did he do that.."

"That night..just as planned..he turned the car to a wrong turn and stopped it abruptly."

"When I asked what happened he said the same thing which Nyonika asked him to.."

"..he got down from the car as well..to check the bonnet of the car.."

"..however before he could open it..out of nowhere two people came in and stopped right next to the car.."

"..your driver was startled when they pointed gun at him.."

"..that's when I stepped in and pleaded them to leave him and take everything we had..and leave us without any harm.."

"..out of two one of them was a girl who simply asked me to hand over my phone and my wallet to her.."

"..I gave it to her immediately..but that's when her eyes fell on my MaNan bracelet..and she ordered to give that to her as well.."

"..however when I denied giving it to her..she must have thought it was something way to expensive so he put your driver on gun point and asked me to hand it over to her or else she would kill him.."

"I couldn't let them kill him so i handed over my bracelet to her..unwillingly.."

"They took the car keys from them and pushed your driver on the ground..and got inside the car.."

"..however before they could drive away..I saw your driver putting his hand beneath the car and pulling it back just in time..as the goons drove off.."

"I helped your driver to get back on his feet.."

"I thought that he must be startled because of everything that just happened.."

"..but I was shocked when I saw him smiling..as I pulled him up..and helped him to get back on his knees.."

"He looked at me and said "Nandini Madam..you have to come with me...we have to get out of here..as soon as possible.."saying this he dragged me from there.."

"I was too shocked because of the event that just happened so I thought maybe he was referring to that..I thought that he was scared that those goons might come back..so I didn't say anything..rather I just nodded and did what he asked me to do.."

"..however just after few moments I realised why he asked me to move from there.."

"..as we heard the sound of explosion.."

"...apparently the intensity of the explosion was so much that it's sound could be heard within a range of several miles.."

"..I was too shocked to say anything.."

"..however my trance was broken when I saw him dialling a number which was apparently Nyonika Mam's number and heard him saying.."

"Mam kaam ho gaya.."

————————————————————————