Chapter Eight

It's not what we are underneath. But what we do. That define us.

"..I know Chachi..I just spoke to him...he is absolutely fine...and yes I have spoken to the doctors as well...they are doing all the last minute check up before they finally discharge him..they don't want to take any sort of risk no matter how inconsequential that might be.."

"so aap just relax ho jao...aur uske wapas aane ki khushi 6-7 innovative dish taiyyar kariye...let him also see na that what a great cook have you become in these past couple of years...not that aap pahle nai they..but ab ki toh baat hi kuch aur hai.."Manik smiled.

"Rahne de...aur kitna makhan lagaega tu mujhe bata. Par haan yeh baat toh hai ki jitna tune mere innovative aur risky dish try kiye hai utne toh kabhi Murthy Ji ne bhi nai kiye...aur upar se tu jo mera moral support barata hai uske toh kya kahne.."

"Arey aise kaise nai support karunga aapko..after all aap meri favourite ho yaar.."Manik grinned.

"Aur tu mera sona munda..mera sabse pyaara bachcha.."Chachi's words were laced with so much warmth that was enough to make Manik emotional.

"Chachi aap best ho yaar.."Manik said while he shook his head.

"Woh toh mai hu..after all THE MANIK MALHOTRA ki chachi hu..toh best toh hongi hi na.."Chachi's words made him smile.

"Bilkul Sahi kaha.."and soon they both ended up laughing .

"Mr.Malhotra.."

Manik turned to find the receptionist standing right behind him.

"Yes.."Manik asked without cutting the call.

"Sorry to bother you..but I just wanted to inform you that they are ready for you.."the receptionist informed him.

Of course Manik didn't failed to notice that she was batting her eyelashes the whole time.

Manik so wanted to laugh out at her feeble attempt of flirting but of course he chose to completely overlook at he was here for business purpose and he didn't wanted to create any issues.

So he nodded and simply replied"Okay..I will be there in a moment.."and then he turned his attention back to his phone much to the annoyance of the receptionist.

But since she couldn't do anything about it she simply walked away not before getting her hopes crushed by none other than THE MANIK MALHOTRA.

"Chachi..I need to go now..woh clients ki saath meeting hai..shaam ko ghar pe milte hai..aur haan..please tension mat lijiyega...mai hu na.."Manik said informing her.

"Tu hai isiliye toh koi pareshani nai hai..ab jaa ...clients ko wait karwana thik nai hai na..warna woh log kya sochenge ki hamne tujhe yahi sikhaya hai ki logo ko intezaar kaise karaya jata hai..."Manik smiled at her words."ab jaa aur jakar apna kaam kar ..Shaam ko milte hai.."

"Ji Chachi.."Manik was about to cut the call when Shanno spoke "Manik"

"Haan Chachi..kuch kahna tha.."Manik was genuinely curious.