Chapter Twenty Eight

"Why isn't she getting up Dr.Sinha.."

"..what's wrong with her.."

She could hear faint voices..

..though she didn't knew whose voice was it but she could clearly comprehend that whoever it was that person was really worried for her.

"..I can't say anything for sure..because even I am not sure what's wrong with her.."

"What do you mean by that Dr.Sinha..what's wrong with her.."

"..the symptoms are suggesting something else altogether..I have my doubts..but I think it's better that if we wait for the test results..only then will I be able to say anything with absolute conformity."

"Dr.Sinha..do whatever it takes..but make sure that she gets well soon.."

The warmth and concern with which that person uttered those last words made it crystal clear to Nandini that he wanted her to be fine.

BUT WHY??

And

WHO WAS HE??

Nandini didn't had to wait any longer as the very next moment she got the answer to her question.

"Mr.Malhotra..will you mind telling me something..if it's not too personal."

MR.MALHOTRA!!!!

MANIK'S FATHER..

WHAT!!

How the hell did she reach there...

What the hell was happening..

Why can't she open her eyes..

Why can't she move her body parts..

What was wrong with her..

Since she had no other option she turned her attention back to the conversation between Manik's father and the doctor..

..as their voices were the only thing that might answer some of her questions...if not all.

"..yes Dr.Sinha..please ask.."

"Who is she..I haven't ever seen her around..is she someone special..because the way you are worried about her it's seems she is very close to you.."

"To be honest Dr.Sinha..even I don't know why am I feeling or reacting like this...but I know only one thing that she is someone's prized possession..who in turn..is my prized possession..so it sort of my responsibility to make sure she is safe and protected..because indeed you are correct Dr.Sinha..SHE IS VERY SPECIAL.."

Nandini honestly didn't knew what she should exactly feel but unfortunately before she could dwell upon anything else she felt her consciousness slipping and the next moment the cleared voice turned into mumbles and few moment prior to that everything turned dark.

————————————————————————

Few hours later.

Once again she begin to hear voices which were nothing more than mere whispers but soon with passing seconds it turned quite clear.

"How is that possible..are you sure about it Doctor.."

"..yes Mr.Malhotra..we have found traces of certain drugs in her system.."

"What kind of drugs.."